HELP ! Expertz advice needed for refresh rate monitor
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HELP ! Expertz advice needed for refresh rate monitor

HELP ! Expertz advice needed for refresh rate monitor

Here's my problem

I got a 15'inch monitor features OSD (on screen display) which i easy to control my brightness etc. But this OSD too controls the limit of my monitor refresh rate ...how can i disable this ?
    I got a monitor in my office that doesn't have OSD (15'inch gateway)... resolution such as 640 x 480 can go up to 100Hz and 1024 x 768 can go up to 85Hz.Mine is only 60Hz for 1024 x 768...and its killin me :-
    -help-

Have you got the correct inf for your monitor? It should say your monitor type in the display properties if so. Try the makers site for a download if not.

You can also set the refresh rate to "optimal" in the adaptor properties rather than "adaptor default"

If none of that works and you are sure the monitor supports refresh rates above 60hz @ 1024x768, then try HZ Tools for custom refresh rates.

ya make sure your using the corect inf driver. Then you should be able to change the refresh rates to there optimal

inf. ? where can i get them ? I'm using a HP 14'inch 'M40' monitor. I've been to HP site but i dunno where to search.

If you have a 14" (and you said 15" before)so which is it? then 60HZ at 1024x768 could be the limit. If not do a search for your monitor on their site and you should find a spec sheet, (if it isn't really old), and a link to the INI (not INF)

You must find out what the max refersh rate is at any given resolition or you can damage it by exceding this.

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 09-17-2000).]

When I had my Banshee in my main system, the 'optimal' setting Windows used to choose for my monitor was wrong. When I used a seperate program to control the refresh rate called 3D Turbo 2 (came with my motherboard) the optimal setting was actually correct (i.e. much better). I guess what I am saying is Windows is bad for detecting the correct refresh rate. Of course, when I popped in the GF2MX, Windows managed to pick the correct refresh setting. Odd...

If you have a seperate program that allows you to adjust the refresh rate, use it. Once the refresh rate is set by the program, Windows remembers it after that.

USSVoyager

------------------
    Speed is everything - Warp factor 9, Mr. Sulu!

sorry BladeRunner. At first, I thought it was 15 inch, but when i did some checking on the manual, it's 14-inch.I think i can't increase my refresh rate any further because of the size and brand (shouldn't buy HP). I think the only way to increase my refresh rate/resolution is by buying a new one ! 17/19'inch maybe...this coming christmas..
    Thanx all

Thread Information