Problems with OpenGL w/ GeForce2 GTS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Problems with OpenGL w/ GeForce2 GTS

Problems with OpenGL w/ GeForce2 GTS

Apollo Pro Via 133a
    PIII 550
    128 meg SDRAM
    Creative 3D Blaster Geforce 2 GTS (just bought today)

Guys I'm having severe problems with my just paid good money for Geforce 2. After having all sorts of problems getting it going now it's not accelerating OpenGL, only D3D. Anyways are there any known issues with this m/board or chipset I should know about. Thanks for taking the time

Yes, first check the GeforceFAQs. You might find some answers there; if not, post details about your OpenGL problem.

Ha, it says I'm from South Africa. Actually I was only staying in South Africa when I became a member of HWC. I'm actually an Aussie. Aaaaannnnnyyyways. Yeah it's actually a friends system as mine's working fine. And I'm still only a junior???? Humph!! But then again I don't spend too much time here as I only usually come every so on to check the posts and see whats new etc, I just can't be bothered reading the childish taunts that get thrown around in here sometimes (3Dfx Rules/No Nvidia does.

Yeah we've downloaded the latest drivers for his mobo as well as the vgart drivers and thrown a whole heap of reference drivers at it too.Changed the Aperture size, disabled sba etc. Actually he just went out and bought this thing today to replace his archaic tnt2 m64. (Which had the exact same problems interestingly enough). It would not do any OpenGL acceleration and neither is the G2 GTS. It's almost as if his system just doesn't see any OpenGL acceleration which is ODD to say the least. The only thing we haven't done is do a fresh win98se install.

What about extracting the opengl32.dll from the Windows cab-files to the windows\system folder?
    Start->Run->SFC

Thread Information