GeForce 2 problems
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GeForce 2 problems

GeForce 2 problems

Hi, i have a Creative GeForce 2 GTS and some problems:
    If i start any D3D game it completely shuts down and i am on my desktop again, the computer doesn't lock up or something. 3D mark 2000 the same problem. The strange is, OpenGL games work perfectly, good fps and no crashes or something.
    I tryd this: Switching from Win 98 SE to Win ME, formated my HDD and installed Win 98 SE again, tryd 2 different Creative drivers, 5 N'Vidia drivers and some changes in the BIOS (on advice of Creative support holland) like AGP texture and so. Nothing helped.

My system:

P3 450
    ASUS P2B-F
    256MB 100mhz SDRAM
    Creative GeForce 2 GTS
    Win 98 SE
    N'Vidia drivers 5.22 installed at the moment

Nothing overclocked

The system also beeps when it starts after a long period, not when i reboot.

Al this problems doesn't showed up with my old V770 Ultra

Who can help me? Thx

Try the detonator3 drivers. You can find them at www.nvidia.com
    Make sure you uninstall the old drivers and change to 'standard pci graphics adapter(vga)' before you install the new drivers.

Also check the geforce faq at http://www.tweak3d.net/faq/

------------------
    P3600e@800 with Alpha PEP66
    BF6 Mobo
    CreativeGTS
    Vortex2 sound
    Iiyama VisionMaster Pro450
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

If you have D3d problems then it could be your version of Direct X is either to old or corrupted. Reinstall DX7a to see if that helps at all and check the DX diagnostics. Also have a good look at the FAQ for more help

I bet this is an AGP related problem, the same happened to me. As described in the GeforceFAQ, check your AGP aperture size setting, also lower AGP transfer rate and disable sideband addressing and fast writes.
    Check for newer chipset drivers for your board.
    Good luck!

------------------
    DirectX-Files... The truth must be somewhere!

Thx 4 the reply's i will try some things!

I've tryed those things (new drivers, checked DX and installed it again, put AGP on 1x, disabeld fast writes, put the AGP apture size from 64MB to 128MB, disabled sideband) but nothing helped.
    The fault in 3D mark comes when it has to test the memory (the 8MB test), then it flips me back to my desktop, could it be a problem with the memory on my card?
    The BIOS flash i didn't tryed, i now have revsion 1.009, but could it that be? (flashing things is a thing i don't like very much).

Bladerunner,

You are on the Direct X bandwagon, Man!!

------------------
    Scott
    dfilANPARTY ut 250gb a64 3200 @ 2.52 (280 ht x 9) 2 X 512 g.sKILL PC4000 gIGABYTE 6800 gt
    Antec 430 truepower 2 Maxtor ATA133 8 MB cache Acer 52X Lite-On 1633s DVD-RW TB Santa Cruz - FPS surround LS120 O/B NIC Antec 1080 case

AUDSCOTT

I've applied for Dx beta testing more times than I can remember but have NEVER recieved any reply at all. Anyway got beta 146 finally and is working ok so far, until it runs out again...... why the hell do they do that anyway??

[TAG]Speedy

I was convinced it was a Direct x problem as it was only occuring in the D3d api.

Have you tried posting at creatives newsgroup?

If not:-

Account news.creativelabs.com

Newsgroup creative.products.3d_blaster.annihilator

It is overseen by a Creative Tech William Ball he might have some input or suggest a swap out.

Sorry if you know this already... Isn't this type of card so annoying when it does things like this... makes you

make sure you know exactly what you are doing before you flash anything.

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 09-02-2000).]

No, i didn't know this, thx i will try it. I phoned Creative NL, but they came with some stupid standard things that i already tryed.

And yes it is very annoying that the card doesn't work, i payed loads of money for it and i only can play Half-Life and Quake 3 (and rest of OpenGL).
    About the flash thing, i never done that before, but if the newsgroup post doesn't fix it ill have to try that (don't have the cash for a new mobo for next 2 months ).

No problem and repost here before you flash anything and we'll make sure you've got it down right

let us know on the card..... yet another "Glitch Farce" issue we haven't solved

I would take a look at your AGP aperture size and see where's it's at, go for at least 64 megs, to run 3Dmark, go for 128megs or she won't run, she'll lock up, i found that out.

Which chipset is the P2B-F based on? If it's an LX you may have to get a new motherboard. If it's a BX check to see if you have a jumper or BIOS setting to change the VIO. See what it is, and if it's 3.3v raise it to 3.5v and vice versa if it's 3.5 take it down to 3.3v. Put it back to the original setting if it doesn't help.

Also what was your prior video card? If it was a Voodoo you need to manually go through the registry and remove any references to the Voodoo card, search for 3dfx and voodoo. Also find any .inf, .vxd or .dll files with 3dfx in the name and delete them.

Which DX version are you running? Needs to be DX6.1 at minimum or better still DX7.0a. Check your memory, even pull modules if you suspect them. Sometimes having only one module helps. I got nothing else at the moment but be sure to check the GeForce FAQ.

Hi,
    Ive just got a geforce 2 MX (3D Prophet - Hercules). Im having major problems with running openGL games - in Half-Life i get no textures on guns and pick-up items, and in Quake 3, i get strang e jumping flickering textures, even sticking out of walls! Help please!

netdude

The AGP apture was 64MB, i raised it to 128MB, but the problem is still there

23skidoo

The P2B-F has a Intel BX chipset, and i'm running the latest DX version i have (DX7 from the Q3 arena CD). The videocard i had before was a Diamond Viper V770 Ultra, that card worked perfect (that was a main reason to buy this GF), i deleted al the old drivers, nothing helped, i formated my HDD, still the problem.
    And can you tell me what VIO is? Or how to change the voltage? (sorry, i don't know anything about that motherboard settings).

BladeRunner

How does a BIOS flash work? I downloaded a flash and a flash util. I placed the flash on a 1.44 disk (as the ASUS site says), but do i have to install the flash program on my HDD or on that disk to?

Thank you all again 4 your great response!

Thread Information