Banshee really this bad or diamond just make good cards?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Banshee really this bad or diamond just make good cards?

Banshee really this bad or diamond just make good cards?

I have been using a Voodoo Banshee 16meg AGP for about a year and a half. I've been having problems with it. Anyway I just installed a Diamond Viper 330 4meg AGP card. I dont know whats up but what I have seen it is a far superior 2d card then the banshee (v330 has no acceleration.) I loaded up Asheron's call I was running it on glide with my banshee but with my viper I have to run in software. Now what I dont understand is why does it now look/perform better?? It's a complete mystery to me.

I have also just retired my banshee card (monster Fusion) because it SUCKED. I've been have many frequent lock ups and all support desks say the same thing, "Since it is not Direct X7 certified, Sorry and good luck." I put in an old card ATI Rage II+ with 4 Mb that is running ok but it only has to last until Thurs. when I put in my new GeForce 2.
    Good luck and junk the card.

Actually The V330 has full 2d/3d acceleration. The reason your banshee is slower in 2d is probably due to bad drivers.

my Banshee 16meg PCI (Creative) still rocks. It has given a whole new lease of life to my sisters K6 200MMX, allowing it to play Half Life with good frame rate (ie, at least 25 average, never drops below 15, come on, that's good for a K6 200 with no 3DNOW). you must have been unlucky, or bad drivers perhaps.

------------------
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows 98
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

If the latest reff drivers are bad then yes I used bad drivers.

Did you have any drivers installed prior to them? Just in case, always be sure you delete remnants of older drivers and be sure they are wiped from your registry. They can cause problems like this if they are not.

Nope I always purge. Plus the banshee had the latest reffs as I usually format my HD every 3-5mons anywho.

i upgraded from a diamond viper 330 pci to a diamond monsterfusion 16meg banshee.Besides the crappy retail drivers that came on the cd,i've never had a prob with these cards.the fusion was a much better card(in my eyes)with the ref drivers.Running a voodoo3 2000 pci now.

Thread Information