A/V OUT to VCR
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: A/V OUT to VCR

A/V OUT to VCR

Hi,

I have an ATI All In Wonder Pro video card. I can capture video from my camcorder into the A/V IN, and edit the video on my computer. My problem is when I use the A/V OUT of the ATI and feed that into my VCR A/V IN, (to produce a videotape), I try to record but nothing gets recorded at all. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey, is your VCR on VCR mode? (eg TV/VCR) and is it on the LINE channel?
    It is never safe to turn off your computer!

have u tried setting VCR to A/V IN?

I've tried setting my VCR to Aux (line in), and also setting the VCR to VCR mode.......no luck. My camcorder is an analog cam so therefore I can't feed back into my cam, then hook it up to my VCR.

Here's a question...Is it possible with the ATI All in Wonder Pro (8MB RAM) to use the A/V OUT connected to a VCR, or am I driving myself nuts for nothing trying to figure this out???

Thanks in advance.

I trust you have plugged straight into the TV to see if your computer is configured to use TV out.... I doubt you'll be able to use monitor and TV together

Sounds to me like your not in TV mode on the computer

Thanks for the tip SexyMF. What I had to do was hook up a TV and bootup the PC to enable TV OUT on the card. Once it was enabled, I shut down the PC and hooked up the VCR. Now I can output to VCR tape.

macrovison could also be a problem, this make the picture recorded by a vcr have like bad quality and stuff, i would try to find a program that disables it if you can

Thread Information