Diamond Viper V550 Trouble !!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Diamond Viper V550 Trouble !!

Diamond Viper V550 Trouble !!

A friend of mine with a PII-333/64 has a Diamond Viper V550 as his primairy (and only) videocard. Yesterday he bought a new modem and an extra harddisk and put them both correctly in his computer. When he wanted to start up, nothing appeared on his monitor (which of course was switched on). Even after removing both the new components, nothing appeared on the screen. Later I heard that something similar happened to someone else who also had a Diamond Viper V550.
    Is there someone else who also has had this problem and what can be done about it?

Thank and bye,
    Stijn

I had a similar problem a while back when I added a second Voodoo 2 card to my PC (also with an AGP V550). No picture, just the mobo beeping at me. My PC was still under warranty, so I took the 2nd V2 out and sent the system in. When I asked about what went wrong, they told me it was bad vid card (TNT) memory. I think it had more to do with the crap mobo (FIC VB-601-V with the ever troublesome VIA Apollo Pro chipset) that they built the system around. I bought a $15 S3 Virge PCI card after that, for use in emergency, and it's come in handy more than once. If your friend has any PC builders in his area, check with them, often they'll have some old cheesy 2D card they'll sell you for very little.
    I know this wasn't really very helpful, sorry

[This message has been edited by slingblade (edited 08-21-2000).]

Thread Information