Viper v770 tnt2 ultra 22fps????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Viper v770 tnt2 ultra 22fps????

Viper v770 tnt2 ultra 22fps????

I have just recently installed a Viper V770 agp card in my other system: K6-3 350@400, 192MB ram. The problem is I only get 22fps in Quake 3 timedemo 1. I have tried using 16bit and 32bit, there's 1 fps difference. I am using the Detonator 3 drivers and have the latest drivers and bios for my motherboard. There has to be something wrong because my voodoo 3 1000 gets about 35fps. Any thoughts? Thanks

The detonator 3 drivers give geforce card's a big boost. But there not very effective for tnt2's. I've downloaded them as well i've got a tnt2 m64 and i lost fps' too. swith back to the reference 5.22 drivers. This is also covered in either www.tomshardware.com or www.anandtech.com 's review's off the drivers . I can't remember.

The best performing drivers I had with my Viper V770 Ultra were the 3.xx detonators especially the 3.84. The 5.xx were quite good but not as stable with my setup. The Det3 are slower for me.

The 3dfx drivers are more optimized for 3DNow than Nvidia's and the Voodoos are more compatible with socket7 platforms which might somehow explain why you got higher fps with your card before. I must admit though that the fps gap between the two shouldn't be as wide as you mentioned above. BTW, is that a V3 1000 and not 2000? If so, there must be something wrong with your configuration.

Agp 384 are the only drivers that I can get to run 4x.I have a V770U and a P3V4X
    Miles

This too shall pass!

Thread Information