Just got a Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 GTS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Just got a Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 GTS

Just got a Leadtek Winfast Geforce2 GTS

We've read review after countless review of the Geforce2 video card (I know I have), but nothing can prepare you for it. Holy crap is it fast. So fast that I was laughing hysterically and giggling jibberish when playing HalfLife. OMG is it fast!!! This thing is a freakin monster. Nvidia kicks *** and asta lavista to 3DFX. I ran with full FSAA on PIII450 with 256 pc100 ram with no slowdown whatsoever at the max resolution you can play in Halflife. If you are thinking of getting one, do it. It is freakishly fast and the benchmarks do it no justice whatsoever. I was not prepared for this. Sorry to drivel on but I know you guys will understand. =)

BTW, I haven't even been running the Detonator 3 drivers yet. More speed to come. Unbelievable!

Yeah, my Elsa Gladiac 23 is still suffering by a Celeron 433 but new system will come soon...
    THE NEED FOR SPEED!

------------------
    You seem pretty young to be searching for that kind of fun!

I picked up a Herc Prophet II MX yesterday and while it's not as fast as your card, I can totally agree with you speed wise. I was playing Opposing Force last night @ 1600x1200....OMFG!
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Glad you like it and it was the 32 bit Colour that impressed me most when I first got a geforce 1, It was however soured by the beta state of the card and drivers in the begining, some games not working, heat problems, instabilities etc, etc, so I very nearly put the V3 2000 back in.

I now have had a GTS for a while and it has been great.

I do however think that speed is not the only important factor and I would like to see a 3dfx style hardware FSAA on the Ultra with all that performance and support for glide so it is a complete product, yeah I know, dream on! but there is NO excuse for NV20 not having both. Also if they sell them at $499, (and it will be more in the UK), then perhaps they could afford to set-up a beta test dept and a couple of Athlon systems to test the cards on, this time around.

Try the beta 6.18's and 4.28 patch with UT, runs very well now, (I turn precaching off because that makes it stutter). Deus Ex still needs more work on the D3D patching.
    You ae right Half-life is one of the games the Geforce "bolt on FSAA" works well although it is much less succesful in other games.

I am envious! Still plugging along with a TNT2U!

Great thing about Half-Life, it runs great on just about any system. I ran 1600x1200 with my Voodoo3..smooth as silk. Even with a Speedstar A50 on a K6-2 500 (this system scored a measely 325 in 3DMark 2000) Half-Life was smooth at 800x600 (although it didn't look all that great).

However, I was very impressed in the improvement I got in UT by going from V3 to GeForce2. V3 ran 800x600x16 great, but I'm a hi-res kinda guy, so slappin' that GeForce in there made me quite happy!

V3 verses GeForce2 in 3DMark (results on my system)

[This message has been edited by StuTheWise (edited 08-18-2000).]
    Learn how to sell on eBay at www.PowerSellerPros.com

Thread Information