Help!! CL TNT2... Diblo 2 problems!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Help!! CL TNT2... Diblo 2 problems!!!

Hybrid View

Help!! CL TNT2... Diblo 2 problems!!!

Having problems with Diablo2 freezing on my
    Athlon 700, on a MSI K7Pro mobo. with CL TNT2 (non ultra), (128 mb ram), CL Live 1024.
    The game seems to maily freeze in multiplayer... and while the charecter is running or walking... and there is no pattern in how often it does it... sometimes after 3 min, sometimes after 1 hour or so.
    I can't figure out which drivers i need to use too... Creative don't make it very clear what i need, and how to install it.
    I tried Detonator 2 drivers, but they seem to take over all the creative apps, and change the card to just TNT 2 (instead of 3D Blaster TNT2)
    Also, there doesn't seem to be any updates for AGP driver on mobo site.
    I tried reducing AGP to 1x.. no diference.
    Another bad thing is.. the game doesn't look like it's running in D3D!!! even thought it's detected and selected in Vid Test.
    What can i do!? Plz help!
    Thanx.

Diablo 2 is very new, and it has some compatibility problems with some cards. Go check out some Diablo 2 sites (or their creators site) FAQ, and you should find something (I dont play Diablo 2 so I dont know what pages to visit, sorry)

Thanx for your reply VanDamage.
    I'v had a look for Blizard's FAQ.. they don't seem to have any suggestions about TNT2 cards.. only VooDoos (that's all i could find anyway)
    Any suggestions about drivers in general?? i mean, installing drivers in the past was a breeze.. now i can't make heads or tails out of what's best.. Creative suggest to get Detonator, Nvidia suggest to get proper drivers from VidCard Manifacturer...
    I mean what are the best drivers for my PC setup (in general)???
    Thanx again.

Well I'd prefer the Detonator drivers since I've heard they are faster than the manufacturer drivers. But thats what I heard, not KNOW.
    Anyone else who knows this stuff better that can help Molotov?

TNT2 becomes very problematic if you have Super Bypass enabled.

Disable SB and it should be O.K.

I have finished DII but in the midle of the game I swiched from V3 to TNT2, and game hase become chopy and sometimes slow, and I still have problems when I play for more then 2 houers it seams like my memory resources become low (128MB RAM, and 256MB SWP file) so I must wait for textures to be uploaded and efects to be played.

anyway with V3 DIABLO 2 was asome game and with TNT2 is not.

My PC: K7Pro and K7500@700 TNT2Pro 32Mb.

(check my reply in the Software forum)

Thanx again for your replies everyone.
    I can't say that i'm aware of Super Bypass, what it is, and what it does... How can i disable it ???

Thread Information