Riva TNT Lockups
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Riva TNT Lockups

Riva TNT Lockups

I recently built a new computer with the Via Apollo Chipset (MSI 6309)+ 733 Coppermine Flip Chip, and an old Graphic Blaster Riva TNT PCI from my old comp. For some reason, everything installed fine, and the thing is solid as a rock in Win98, but when I run any sort of Direct3D or OpenGL games, it crashes after a random amount of time. For example, Unreal freezes randomly in 30 min, Sims freezes randomly in 10 min, Quake freezes randomly in 5 min, etc. Anyone have a suggestion how to fix? I narrowed it down to motherboard and vid card incompatibility, but don't know how to fix it! I have done 20 windows reinstallations of different windows versions, all the latest reference or creative drivers, all VIA 4n1 drivers, disabling caching, and everything else, such as registry hacks, new power supply.... blah blah blah. Still, the problem persists! Please help!

Yo're istalling 4in1 drivers after reverting to standard VGA, right?

Order:

Via 4in1 drivers
    Graphics card drivers

Yeah, I think I know whats up now. Its been my Aureal Superquad Digital PCI making the problem. If thats disabled (physically ripped out), none of the games seem to have a problem at all... But I have no idea how to fix the problem, cuz I tried all different versions of the Aureal drivers, and they all cause lockups.

Thread Information