Quake 3 multiplayer lockup?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Quake 3 multiplayer lockup?

Quake 3 multiplayer lockup?

When I click on multiplayer my computer locks up instantly. Running Q3 version 117 (latest). All drivers and bios up to date. Half life plays fine multi. Also I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled everything. Still does it. Any ideas? Thanks

Do you have a firewall installed such as zonealarm? I had that same problem. I could not get to the internet with Q3 while za was running.

i have both zonealarm and blackice running and i still play QUAKE2 ,TFC,UNREAL TOURNEY.ETC.Zone alarm will not let you play unless you authorize it to connect to the internet and connect as a server first,thats with every game ,if you are using it that is
    :-)

i meant Quake 3 dohhhhhh,can you play the single player game at all?i believe that Quake 3 is a more graphically intense game then Half Life,and i had a slight problem at first,,,,then i added a suction type thing under my video card,,,,,,no problems since,so maybe,i caould be off here,maybe your card is running too hot?

I do have zone alarm it is checked to allow it to pass through the firewall. But the problem is Q3 locks up on the main screen, right on multiplayer when it's clicked on. I dont even get to the page where I can pick which game to play.

what about single player?

Same happened here. Try turning it off.

Try this and see what happens:
    Press ALT+CTRL+DEL and terminate every task except from SYSTRAY and EXPLORER.
    That should fix your problem.
    This one is better...
    But in theory, remember, only in theory

Problem fixed. Thank you everyone. I had to uninstall zone alarm to make it work. DaMaster you are "the master" Thanks

Thread Information