which 3D card for first time user?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: which 3D card for first time user?

which 3D card for first time user?

Gosh my head is spinning! I am in the market for my first 3D card. Have been reading web sights and don't know which way to go. I have a pentium 2 333Mhz computer. I'm not a huge game player but want something with good graphics and speed and under $200-250. I have been looking at the Gforce 2GTS and the Matrox Millennium G400--but what about the Savage 200? I have friends who swear by the Voodoo line....what will work best with my slower machine?

I would say for your machine a voodoo 3 3000 (or TNT2U) would be a real good deal. But if you plan to upgrade your system in the near future, consider to buy a more powerful card ( e.g a Geforce2 MX) for usage in your new system. But then there are some AGP/stability issues, mostly depending on your current motherboard, to think about.

------------------
    Ask not for whom the elbow cometh...it cometh for thee.

Originally posted by Chattercat:
    Gosh my head is spinning! I am in the market for my first 3D card. Have been reading web sights and don't know which way to go. I have a pentium 2 333Mhz computer. I'm not a huge game player but want something with good graphics and speed and under $200-250. I have been looking at the Gforce 2GTS and the Matrox Millennium G400--but what about the Savage 200? I have friends who swear by the Voodoo line....what will work best with my slower machine?
    Thanks for the quick response....It was just where I was headed! So off to the store I go and should be playing by this evening.

yep if you got a budget that doesn't get your a new,ultra,freak'in fast gf2 then i would buy a tnt2u like Mephisto said or a gf256..

if you're not a hardcore gamer then a good overclocked tnt2u or a low-budget gf would satisfy your primal gamers need
    Fast, Faster, WooHoO!!!

Thread Information