problem please help me
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem please help me

problem please help me

ok i just got unreal tournament. when i was setting it up it says choose a video card and it gives me 2 options... software rendering and direct 3D support.. when i go with direct 3d support it starts loading up UT then gets out of it and says "Failed to preallocate initial tectures, 4 x 4 DD_ok... and then it says a bunch of other crap.. but when i load into UT with software rendering it works.. but everything is really really slow and really dark.. i hardly can see anythin. does anyone know whats the problem? please help me, thanks

UT is fairly slow in D3D anyway (was primarily written for 3dfx I believe)...

To help I'd need a little more info like your computer specs... and as always make sure you have the lastest patch from unreal.epicgames.com

Really need to know your Video card and CPU/mobo

Till then
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Download the latest d3ddrv.dll and use it instead of the one you have now....I had the same problem and this fixed it
    (Which Vid Card do you have??)

if you have an older video card it might not support d3d and thats why you have to use software rendering
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

where would i get the d3ddrv.dll ?? i honestly dont know what video card i have... how do i find that one out?

You can get the direct3D dll at www.unrealtournament.com in the directx section.

i must be a big retard or something.. but i cant find it. i dont see a directx section in unrealtournament.com. maybe u can help me find it or show me where it is.... thanks

now im wondering.. what is the latest d3ddrv.dll?? is it directx7? or is it something else?

??

right click on your desktop and select poperties. Goto settings. It will say "Display:" followed by the monitor and graphics card. Mine says "Samsung Syncmaster(m)s 700 (CGE7507*) on Voodoo3 AGP. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 700s for a monitor and a Voodoo3 2000 AGP for a graphics card.

If it does not say enough thee you can goto advanced and click on addaptor. You can also click start/setings/conrol pannel/system/device manager/display addaptor and see what is there. Mine says "3dfx Voodoo3"... 3dfx is the manufacturer.

With that, we can tell you your system will pobably need a new vidio card and depending on how old your system is, a new CPU also.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Find the direct3d driver for your card here.. http://unreal.epicgames.com/Direct3D.htm

it says "plus and play monitor on Intel(R)810 Chipset Graphics Driver".

ok i just downloaded directx 7.0a which is the latest version and it still didn't help.. still same problem? any other ideas?

Yeah, I've got the same one too. Download this file
    http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/d3ddrv.dll

and replace the d3ddrv.dll in the unreal\system dir with this one. That'll fix it.

hey not bad it works.. but theres still a problem. its still too dark for me to see. i cant see the game in full screen i have to put it in half screen to play it.

Thread Information