Rage Fury MAXX 64meg
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Rage Fury MAXX 64meg

Rage Fury MAXX 64meg

How good is the Rage Fury MAXX 64meg card compared to the GeForce? Obviously the GeForce is faster (?) but is it faster enough to justify the extra 60 for the GFDDR?

I ask because I'm fed up with my Voodoo3 1000 8meg which is reasonably fast but the RAM is too damn small. Particularly Spirit of Speed 1937 doesn't like it. It requires 8megs minimum and after about 15mins or so slows right down (like about 5 fps, unplayable) I assume this is because it's swapping stuff to main memory.

------------------
    Look out!!
    My train of thought is a runaway!!
    AHHH, I think my computer's got a Virus!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

also I'm considering getting a DVD drive, does the ATi have hardware DVD thingys onboard? I can't remember but ATi are rather good at that sort of thing (extra card features I mean)

------------------
    Look out!!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Chimaera: Twin Athlon MP 1900+ @ 1824Mhz, GeForce 3 TI500, 512Megs Crucial RegECC, 100GB Total HDD, SuSE Linux 7.3 + Windoze XP Pro

atis do have some of the best dvd decoding around. As for 3d performace what kinda cpu do u got, the maxx can actually be faster than a geforce sdr on faster cpus. I still think that the maxx is a much better buy too.

$84 w/ rebate at www.compuplus.com
    my computer sucks but my car stereo's better than yours!

for some reason i remember that the MAXX has the decoder onboard but i think it didn't have TV out for some reason. do some research on that, but if not just get a Rage Fury Pro w/TV out, or wait a little till the Radeon comes.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I don't posses a TV so TV out is not a problem for me, even if it's got it I'll likely never use it.

My CPU is a K6-3 450, not exactly state of the art, but I'm intending to replace it with a Duron later this year.

------------------
    Look out!!

Oh no, that's Windows XP

Thread Information