Hardware sharing IRQ 11
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hardware sharing IRQ 11

Hardware sharing IRQ 11

Is it ok for AGP, PCI Steering, and SBLive Value to be sharing IRQ 11? Device Manager doesn't report actual resource conflict, but I am curious if that would affect overall system performance.

dmm is offline Linda's verbal backstop
    Nuts my friend, I wish I had a quarter for everytime I have seen this Q on help boards and from my customers who formatted and started from scratch or updated their bios. Why CL set it like is is beyond me. Usually it is NOT ok for the SBL to be on IRQ 11. Video card and IRQ steering are ok.

You can change IRQ assingments in bios. If you dont want to go in there, just move the SBL to another PCI slot, and have your driver disk ready just in case.

Dave
    i7 2600k @ 4.6 ghz by Turbo multi - MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 - 8 gig GSkill Ripjaws @ 1600 8-8-8-24 - Corsair H100 Closed loop water cooling - GeForce GTX 770 - 256 gig Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe and 250 Gig WD Blue Series - PCP&C Turbocool 850 SSI

My irq 11 (agp) is sharing with my modem...nothing seem to slowdown, but its anoying..I cant seem to make the modem se another irq..oh well

Thread Information