Is The Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 32mb A Good Choice?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Is The Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 32mb A Good Choice?

Is The Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS 32mb A Good Choice?

And What Is The Cheapest Price You Have Seen Them In The UK And US As I Am Going To America In August.(but live in the uk)
    (Also Does Anyone Know A Shop Near Florida Where I Can But One?)

------------------
    Athlon 700@800, 128mb, Voodoo 2, 17' Sony 210ES, SB Live.
    XP @ 2.3Ghz (210xx11)
    NF7-S v2
    1GB PC3500
    Rad 9800pro @ XT
    CM101B
    Hitachi 17" 16ms TFT

yours and my systems are VERY similiar. I think that card is the absolute best money can buy!! I have the 64mg version...but Im not sure the extra 60 bucks was woth it..its only a very small fraction faster than a 32mg. Its RAM is at a slower speed also GDDR verser ddr or somthing. SEE THE ANANDTECH OVERCLOCKING GUIDE!!

I still say go for a 32mb GTS to get the SGRAM as the 64mb version is only slightly faster at high resolutions 1280 x 1024 and above. By the time the extra ram is really needed there will be something faster to upgrade to.

Anyway here is a excerpt to explain it better:-

The memory that the only manufacturer of DDR SGRAM chips for use in video cards, Infineon, is currently making are not high enough density to pack 64 MB onto a single card. With this limitation, Guillemot/Hercules was forced to choose the slower performing DDR SDRAM chips to power the 3D Prophet II GTS 64MB.
    My guess is cost and supply was a bigger issue, but whatever. Go HERE for the full article

Thread Information