Nvidia TNT2 M64
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Nvidia TNT2 M64

Nvidia TNT2 M64

I just bought an Nvidia TNT2 M64 video card, and every time I install it, and turn on my pc, I get three beeps and then the monitor says there is no signal. I have actually seen others post similar messages regarding this problem and one piece of advice that was given was to ensure that the card i seated correctly. I reseated the card and made sure it was completely in. Any other ideas?

When you installed the card, did you move any other Hardware, or perhaps disconnect the IDE cables? i once put my friends IDE Cables backwards, and it got the same problem you are describing exactly. But aside from that, the only thing i can think of, is you remove everything from the computer, and rebuild it, making sure everything is correct, piece by piece.

Actually, the problem is not backwards IDE cable. I didn't change anything, except the video card. Furthermore, my pc boots up fine with my old video card. It's definitely this video card. Btw, I have a Celeron 400 on an Abit board.

I also have a TNT2 M64 vid card. but for your situation, i think your card have been shock by static electricity. Did you ground yourself before you actually install the card(like touching the metal part of casing to discharge static elec.)? If you did'nt, i think your money just went down the drain[Very sorry to say that]. (TNT 2 M64 PCB boards are not so good as normal TNT2 and TNT2 ultra PCB boards as M64 chips are slower than TNT2 and ultra.)

TNT2-M64 is exactly the same hardware (ie RAMDAC) as the TNT2 except it has 1/2 the memory bandwidth... which means res up to 800x600 are exactly the same as say a TNT2 ultra.. but higher than that... it gets choked by the bandwidth limitations..

This is off topic sorry!
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Actually, I did ground myself, and I know that's not the problem because it works fine on one of the pc's I have at work (i'm a hardware tech). I am completely baffled as to why it won't let me boot at home...I haven't seen anything about conflicts with Abit or specific motherboard setting requirements. I am at a complete loss, but I know the card is good.

I have seen this also. The problem AGP card works in one machine but not in others. I have fixed this a few times, by flashing the machines bios and sometimes flashing the cards bios. Hope this helps!?
    Thunderbird 800MHZ 512Megs Ram,
    Hercules Geforce2 GTS, 2x 45Gig 7200ultra100 Drives, SBLIVE,Pioneer 10X DVD

Thread Information