Anyone have an ASUS V6800 Deluxe 32MB Geforce Card?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Anyone have an ASUS V6800 Deluxe 32MB Geforce Card?

Anyone have an ASUS V6800 Deluxe 32MB Geforce Card?

I just ordered this card for my system and am wondering if I should be aware of any problems or of any specific drivers I might need. Also, since my new system will have an ASUS 8X/40X CD-DVD, can I watch DVD movies on my TV?

PIII 600EB on ASUS P3V4X mobo w/ 128 MB133

Also, if I want to add a CD Read/Write drive, what is a good one? Is there such a thing as a combo CD/DVD/CDRW all in one?

Just make sure that you keep up to date with the latest drivers...I did have some issues though with the beta versions of the drivers under Win2000...some games just scrambled and didn't work. Anyone else had the same problems?

I would recommend the Plextor 32x12x4 CD-R...it's the fastest burner on the market...or it was a few weeks ago...and it's got a good 4MB cache on board. I went for the SCSI version, but I don't know if there is a 12x IDE version...I only found the IDE up to 10 speed...Anyone else agree?

Price in the UK was around 230 for the SCSI version but that was a few weeks ago...may have gone down even more....but it is a great burner and a CD in about 5 mins @ 1.8MB a second...it's not slow either.

Duel Boot Win98 SE, Win2000 Professional.
    Athlon 1GHz 512Mb PC133 SDRAM, 136GB HDD / 3 IBM UDMA66 / 3 SCSIU2. Geforce 256 V6800 Pure, USB Diamond SupaMax 56K Modem, 40x SCSI Toshiba CD-ROM, 32x12x4 Plextor SCSI CD-R, 12x IDE CD-ROM, 3com 10/100, Creative SB Live, Belinea 21".

You will definately need this:-

Geforce FAQ

You may find the later Asus drivers (intended for the GTS, but will work on your card) will work better, based on the 5.16N vidia betas.

You will probably want to stick with the Asus drivers to get the interface for your card's "extras".

A reformat is a good idea once you have established the card works ok, and you will probably need to raise your IO voltage from 3.3v to 3.5v for stability, make sure the card is not IRQ sharing with the sound card or modem, and avoid using the PCI slot next to the AGP slot, can cause problems and leaving it clear aids card cooling (they run HOT), check the faq for more details, or ask me here

Thanks for advice guys. I get my system next Tues. so I'll let you know how it works out.

and you can use your computer on you TV with that card, but i think you need a adapter or something like that, you can also watch tv on your comp with that card too
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

Thread Information