benchmarking tools?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: benchmarking tools?

benchmarking tools?

WHERE CAN I FIND SOFTWARE THAT YOU USE TO TELL HOW MANY FPS MY SYSTEM IS GETTING, WHEN PLAYING QUAKE3, UNREAL TORNEMENT ECT. THANKS

You need serious help, kid.

There is no separate program for benchmarking games. The games themselves have their own internal benchmarking commands. For instance, in Quake 3 go to the console and type "timedemo 1" then run a demo. After it is done, bring the console down again to see your score.

I think Unreal Tournament is just "/timedemo 1" in the console and that is it. It runs the flyby demo and gives you a score. Unfortunately the flyby is not very similar to a real game.

------------------
    BP6, Celermine 566@850, 320meg, CL TNT2U 175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Where or how did you find this out?

Well, search around the internet a little and it shouldn't be too much trouble. "Unreal Tournament benchmarking" or "Quake 2 benchmarking", etc.

Otherwise, if you say exactly what games you want to benchmark, I'm sure some people here will know. But you have to name the exact game because it is different (or sometimes not possible) for different games.

------------------
    BP6, Celermine 566@850, 320meg, CL TNT2U 175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Thread Information