TNT 2 Ultra Problems !!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT 2 Ultra Problems !!

TNT 2 Ultra Problems !!

I have a Guillemot Xentor 32, which has a core of 175 mhz, and RAM at 183 mhz. The problem is that every so often my whole picture (Only when running OpenGL or Direct3D) seems to tear, like the textures are coming apart, except it happens all over my screen, creating a crossword look.
    I know that most TNT 2 Ultra's were clocked at 150/175 ? I think ... Lower than the Xentor 32 anyway.
    Would the defulat overclocking of my video card be causing these problems ? My case temperature always seems to be in the 50+ celcius range, so that would factor in too.
    I have TNT Clock (Which lets you set the Core and RAM speeds), so should I put them back to the default, would that help ?
    And yes I do have all of the latest drivers, updates, direct 3d, etc ...
    thanks

Sounds like your v-synch is off; turn it back on through the display control panel applet. Your fps will go down though because the screen will draw the complete frame each time instead of "tearing" to the next one.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Geforce 680 SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz (3.2 GHz), 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs., Windows 8.1 Pro

I checked and my vsync was already on

[This message has been edited by mevil (edited 06-05-2000).]

Overheating is your problem.

If your chase temp is 50C then TNT2 chip is on the 70C minimum and RAM is also very hot.

70C is maximum for statndar PC components, and if you continue to use your PC when is that hot you could kill some of your components, or make even biger damage if you have important data on the Hard Drive.

Leave your PC chase opend. Remove all metal plates, from both sides or only cover depends what type of chase you have.

Also if you dont like the idea of te opend PC chase then install good and big fans in to the chase so how fresh cold air could come in to the chase.

In other words cool down your PC.

I also have problem of heat inside of my chase but I don`t close my chase and problem is solved.

Cooler is better for all, I repeat all components.

Great, thanks a lot for the helpful tip. Been running without the side panels on my case for awhile now, temperature is a bit better, and no problems

Thread Information