flickering detonator drivers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: flickering detonator drivers

Hybrid View

flickering detonator drivers

Hey, I just got the new 5.22 detonator drivers from nvidia. I installed them without a hitch, or so I thought. Every 3d game I start has this annoying flicker. I tried tri-linear filtering and it doesn't do anything at all to help the flicker. The frame rates are lower than with the 5.14 drivers. I have an "old" TNT card. It's worked great till these new drivers. Any ideas????? I got homeworld the other day and I wanna play.

I have a feeling the 5.xx drivers are really concentrating more on the GF and GF2 more than the older TNT and TNT2 chips. Most of the things getting added and optimized in the 5.xx drivers don't apply to the TNT. You're probably better of just sticking with the 3.68 drivers. Thats what I have on the machine I'm typing on right now (STB TNT, 3.68 drivers).

You can always find old drivers at www.reactorcritical.com. They even have the venerable Detonator v2.08.

------------------
    BP6, Celermine 566@850, 320meg, CL TNT2U 175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Well I dunno man, I just tried the new drivers and for the first time I can use my TNT for NHL 2000 instead of "software rendering".....

With my TNT no flickering and more games work with it...my review is 2 thumbs up.

ReB

The Detonator 2 that you talk about is the 5.22 Detonator driver that nagash is talking about.

------------------
    Mike
    http://www.monster-machines.com
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

FWIW, I just installed the D2 5.22 drivers on my Creative TNT2 Ultra.
    It actually hurt my 3D Mark 2000 scores by like 50 points, but I really don't give a crap about very synthetic benchmarks. I'm also not positive texture compression is working in Q3.
    I remember running 5.16 drivers and I KNEW it worked because I could see the sky was slightly degraded, but with the 5.22 it looks exactly the same on or off. I'll have to do some more benchmarking, maybe find that Quaver demo which is supposed to have a lot of texture info.

------------------
    BP6, Celermine 566@850, 320meg, CL TNT2U 175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Thread Information