Retail G400 Max & MS-DOS
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Retail G400 Max & MS-DOS

Retail G400 Max & MS-DOS

I'm wondering how to install the Matrox G400 Max drivers in MS-Dos 6.22.
    I used Partition Magic 5.0 to create 2 primary partitions - one for MS-Dos 6.22 and one for Win98SE. This was necessary in order to run older MS-Dos games that will not run in Windows 98. Because my hard drive is 20.5GB, and Dos only recognizes the first 2 GB, it was necessary to create these partitions. I can boot up into MS-Dos OR Win98SE. When I boot up into one the other one is hidden. Therefore, it is necessary for me to install the Matrox G400 Max drivers into MS-Dos as if Win98SE doesn't exist.

How do I do this? I have another installation disk for my 5 yr old Matrox Millenium PCI video card - and you are able to install them in dos - could I substitute these drivers for the Matrox G400 Max?

Please inform me how to do this.

Thanx!

I don't think there are drivers for DOS. You shouldn't need one. The system should just boot up to DOS without the need for any video drivers right? Maybe I'm not understanding you.
    "We're going to get another one next year, again -- back to back to back."

-Kobe Bryant

Ouch, MS-dos games?? Foreal dude, can't you just drop them and come into something actual?

MS-DOS games use different resolutions. I guess I should've asked more for a vesa driver. Found some online.

Broder - some of the greatest games made were originally made in dos - long before they made it to nintendo and sega. Guess you were too busy peeing in your diapers at the time...

Seriously, I have probably 50 dos games and it would cost me a small fortune to upgrade them and some of them can't be upgraded at all! And some of them are just great games! That's why there are so many arcade simulators online like MAME... a lot of people like those old games!

The new games are awesome too - but sometimes you just want to play a simple old familiar ms-dos game....

Heheh, the only game I really play because of gameplay is NeedForSpeed.. the rest I just get because of image quality...

Thread Information