My g-force****** - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My g-force******

Erich

Do you use Norton Ghost?, takes me about 15mins to get back up and running with all my settings/drivers after reformat

Naw I don't...what's it used for? 15 minutes huh?
    What I'm gonna do is add one of my old 2.9 Gig hard drives as a slave and just transfer over what I need and than reformat it.
    I need to anyways. Things running slow as heck.
    Tell me about that tool you use though!
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Guillemot Prophet GeForce DDR
    Aureal 1 Soundboard
    19" NEC Multisync Monitor

Erich

Yes I've done that in the past and it works ok but takes ages and I always forget something, (don't forget IE address book and favorites), but now I just backup weekly to CDR's (as they are so cheep now).

Ghost is an excellent and Powerful util, (if used correctly), that will create an image of a Drive contents or partition. What I did is a full install of Windows then set it up with my custom options, installed all the drivers, EXCEPT a video card driver, it defaults to a standard windows type on first install.

Then make an image in dos of C: drive, to D: (an old 1.7 gig), this can then be removed or disconnected to avoid viruses or tampering.

It is then a simple dos operation to Ghost D: over C: at a later date if you want it clean again and takes around 15 mins.

There is quite a bit more to Ghost than that but that is the basics. please e-mail me

Regards BladeRunner

Heheh, formating kicks ***... it's my weekly hobby. I got this old 4.3Gig HD and I use it to back up my files... but ever since I started using Norton Utilities 2000 I didn't need to format so much, since it looks and eliminates the kind of problems that where usually my reason to format... I recomend it, it's a good program...

Thread Information