My g-force******
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My g-force******

My g-force******

Help I got a sdr prophet running on a gigabyte ga5ax rev5. I keep geting lock up's with a loud bleep sound when running games seem's fine in windows?I installed the latest agp drivers even underclocked the card but no joy.I have guillemots 3.77 drivers installed
    I changed aperture size but no joy i checked out creatives faq and they said my motherboard needs a ali vxd for agp? whatever that is went to the ali site but they dont have that driver.I also notice that the gforce is sharing the same irq as my simple com controller how do i stop them sharing the same irq???any help and advice would be most welcome as i already have changed the card 2 times thanks.

p.s what are the best drivers to use for this card.

------------------

Wow, ok. We have alot to work with here....
    Now when you say, lock up, how long are you playing the games for? And also, where's teh beep coming from, your speakers or the actual tower?
    Now the most recent drivers are the 5.22 Detonator drivers. I don't use Guillemot's drivers, I get alot better performance from NVidia's reference drivers (unreleased).
    Now are you overclocking your CPU? If so you might want to set your AGP Appeture(sp) size to 64 (at least) and your AGP/CPU clock check to see if it's 1/1 or 2/3.
    If your overclocking you might be overheating the card because of your FSB.
    I had alot of overheating probs with my Prophet SDR, so I got a DDR Prophet, no probs with it. I was also underclocking the SDR version because it was causing too many rips and tears.
    I found out that the memory which they put on the card....was actually from 2 different producers! Seriously, they were mismatching the RAM on the card, I wouldn't think I'd be the only one who got a card like that.
    You can download the drivers from
    www.reactorcritical.com
    Also look for posts from Bladerunner regarding the unofficial FAQ. He always has good advice to present to GeFroce owners.
    Peace!

------------------
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Guillemot Prophet GeForce DDR
    Aureal 1 Soundboard
    19" NEC Multisync Monitor
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Aureal 1 Soundboard

Thanks Erich

mufti you should find the solutions here:-

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/008472.html

Thank's for the tips guys. I downloaded the detonater drivers and installed them I only removed the old ones from add remove as Im not sure how to do a thourugh unistall.Well
    im still having the lock up probs they happen after about 5 mins into the games.The only game that doesent lock up is unreal tourny
    .The sound of the lockup is coming from the speakers.When i used the guillimot drivers and down clocked the card to the min I could run games for quite a long time about an hour or so.The only game which used to lock up after 5 mins with the guillimot drivers was
    quake2.With the old drivers and the card underclocked I could run windows for about 5 hours non stop with only one lockup.That is of course unless I tryed running a game.I went to the faq but I tried most of that before.The things I didnt try I didnt know how to.I read that I should try to set my I.O voltage to 3.5 instead of 3.3 is that the jumper called vcc voltage setting?.Ive set aperture to all setting possible with no luck.Im not overcloking my cpu.The ali vxd for agp what is it and will it help?Please guys if you have any more suggestions please tell.Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

------------------

Yes mufti, Vcc and the I/O voltage are the same.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

Thank's dave,set the vcc jumper to 3.58 no luck with fixing the prob though.Are there any other jumpers I havent set right for I.O?
    Unreal locks up now as well and gives me a GPF.Any one out there can help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

------------------

Did you read the FAQ carefully as I know it is tedious, but there is a fix or an explaination for almost all the issues there.

I've tried every thing I can think of

1)adjust aperture.
    2)install new drivers.
    3)underclock card (this lets the games last a bit longer I.E 10 min's.
    4)remove conflicting device I.E modem.
    5)change bios settings.
    6)adjust I.O voltage.
    7)install latest agp drivers 1.66e
    8)reseat card
    9)create super7compat file in reg
    10)set agp to 1.in ali agp controll centre
    11)swap card twice I was told suplier has no probs with cards olny if used on ali chip set.
    12)games last longer with the card underclocked and last longer in 16 bit rather than 32 bit mode.Also some but not all direct3d demos run fine.
    13)set virtual memory to min 150mb max 170mb
    14)swore at the card and told it if it didnt work i was going to jump up and down on his memory modules.

Any body can think of something I havent tried???

P.S Should I just throw the g-force away and buy a vodoo3 2000 and get another 128mb of ram to bring my amdk62500 to 256mb?Would more ram improve games performance?

I remain a frustrated "g-force hahaha" owner

Mufti.

------------------

OK, let's start looking towards your sound card than!
    What kinda card is it? Try to update those drivers, if it's A3D, they have new drivers for the 3d drivers as well!
    Turn off all 3d sound and stereo sound! Try to play the games in mono.
    It may either also, as I said above, be different RAM on the card which means it may be defective.
    Pull the card out and check the memory...it shoud be the same manufacturer, but make sure they're all either .6ns or .5ns, Mine were both, which meant my card was built incorrectly.
    keep us informed.....
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Aureal 1 Soundboard

Thank's for replying Erich.I switched off all
    3d sound in my games no luck I also disabled all refrences to sound in sytem device manager.The memory is all samsung ram.

------------------

Whoooooop's forgot to say my souncards a soundblaster 128 pci.In direct x diagnostics
    the sound part says problems found in the system reg try installing direct x again.Didnt fix it and the errors still there?Cant tell what speed the ram is as it's not printed as far as I can see on the mem modules.I did have a vodoo2 pci in the machine before and also a s3.dx/gx which was using windows drivers.I unistalled these before putting in the g-force from sytem device manager and with the vodoo2 I removed as well from add remove in control panel.Could these left over drivers be causing a prob?????Any more suggestions thank's guys.

------------------

Whoooooop's forgot to say my souncards a soundblaster 128 pci.In direct x diagnostics
    the sound part says problems found in the system reg try installing direct x again.Didnt fix it and the errors still there?Cant tell what speed the ram is as it's not printed as far as I can see on the mem modules.I did have a vodoo2 pci in the machine before and also a s3.dx/gx which was using windows drivers.I unistalled these before putting in the g-force from sytem device manager and with the vodoo2 I removed as well from add remove in control panel.Could these left over drivers be causing a prob?????Any more suggestions thank's guys.

------------------

A reformat is a good idea, as I used to reformat when using new detonators to insure a fresh system. I wouldn't hold your hopes up to high though. If is taking longer to crash if you underclock it could it be a heat issue?. All the Geforce 1 cards have heatsinks that are not up to the job.

have a look at this from an earlier posting of mine, just for fun's sake:-

I have an ICE 71 Peltier @ 12v on an Alpha p3125 heatsink on the GPU, now running at 22C to 29C in most situations, though it will go up to 38C with FSSAA enabled.
    This is total overkill I know, and I only tried it as I had the peltier and alpha sitting here. I will be water cooling it soon as I'd really like some PCI slots back ;-)

I can get the GPU to 185mhz and it will be ok for about 20mins of Q3 but eventually it flakes out (graphical errors, weird colours and the temp has gone to 48c (peak) in mbm. I just wondered how much less the Geforce 2 would suffer from this due to the .18 micron core, any educated guesses, also anyone else got a Peltier on their Geforce / Geforce 2, input welcome......

Motherboard: Abit BF6
    Front Side Bus: 140Mhz
    Processor: PIII Coppermine
    Speed: 700Mhz
    Overclocked to: 988Mhz
    Videocard: CLAP o/c'd (165/365)
    GeForce Temperature: (Gaming) normally 29C (38C peak)
    GeForce Temperature: (Non-Gaming) around 22C

Before cooling (standard card, no overclock)

GeForce Temperature: (Gaming) 68C, max 82C
    GeForce Temperature: (Non-Gaming)around 56C

I have a tower case and measure the temp from the top of the card on the PCB
    the otherside of the GPU. Before the peltier I tried various heatsink and
    fan combos including a PIII 700 retail heatsink and 120mm fan on it, no
    kidding. None of this really helped alot as 40C was just about as low as it
    would go in non gaming use, I also have good case cooling (22C to 24C).
    I would start considering option 14

More ram always helps system performance, but maybe a faster processor would be you best route for the next upgrade, and stay away from ALI chipset mobos, you still really can't beat the BX.

I is sssoooo annoying when we can't solve a problem Sorry

Have a look here you're not the only one having trouble with the Glitch Force at the moment

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/008641.html

Well DAMN! mufti!
    What the heck did you DO to the darn thing?!?!?!
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Aureal 1 Soundboard

I have to do the same thing! I have to reformat cus my directX screwed all my drivers for all my hardware which use directX up! So nothing works right anymore, and the only freakin' fix is.....REFORMAT!
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Aureal 1 Soundboard

Thread Information