Is the Geforce SDR a good deal?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Is the Geforce SDR a good deal?

Is the Geforce SDR a good deal?

I want to replace my Riva TNT with a newer faster card. Is the Geforce SDR a good deal or should I just get a DDR- Is the price differential worth it? I am running a celery 366@550, 128 genric ram, 300w ps.

I'm pretty convinced that the DDR-Memory is so much faster that it's much better to buy a Geforce with that mem instead of the SDram. The price difference isn't to big either - in my opinion u shall without a doubt go for the DDR-version.
    Good Luck!
    //thor

The SDR is third card fastest form the Geforces it goes GTS 2 then Gefroce ddr and SDR last in all bench marks and its a good card but DDR will be better for higher res than 1024x768x32
    Alex D

------------------
    WTF?? I am just trying to help OK!
    The Real Power IS UNDER THE TOWER OF POWER
    check it out! http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/save/23/index.htm

Originally posted by Thorlock:
    I'm pretty convinced that the DDR-Memory is so much faster that it's much better to buy a Geforce with that mem instead of the SDram. The price difference isn't to big either - in my opinion u shall without a doubt go for the DDR-version.
    Good Luck!
    //thor
    Get the DDR...My system came with the Geforce 32MB 256 AGP card(OEM version).It is an excellent card, but for a few buck more you can have a double excellent card...

longbow2/callsign:Psycho

If I only had a living brain!

Dell 700r/100
    256MB SDRAM
    nVidia 32MB(SDR)5.32 Drivers
    SB Live! Value
    19" Trinitron Dot Pitch 24-25AG
    Harmon/Kardon 595 speakers(Dell OEM)

Actually, the price difference is pretty big. You can get the Geforce SDR for about $130, while the DDR is a bit over $200. $70 (about 55% more than the SDR) is nothing to sneeze at. You won't be playing at super high resolutions or running FSAA, but it is certainly a good card.
    The SDR is the bargain of a lifetime when compared to everything else below $200. Once you get near $200, the DDR is the bargain of a lifetime, beating out everything until you get to the $300 GF2 and Voodoo 5. Even then the GF DDR beats out the V5 when paired with a <650mhz (maybe more) CPU.
    Is it worth the extra $70? Thats a very tough choice. I think spending $70 getting DDR instead of SDR would be better than spending $70 on some other computer upgrade.

------------------
    BP6, Celermine 566@850, 320meg, CL TNT2U 175/220
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Siamese Guest
    Here is my 2 cents.

I have both SDR and DDR versions. lucky bastard aint I? Just waitin for GTS eheh

WEll anyway, I bought the SDR before the DDR's even came out. I was satisfied at first and I could even overclock the card from 120 core and 166 mem to 160 core adn 225 memory (very good). When the DDR's came out i was kinda pissed cause Id spent so much dough! The overclocking helped by I was still slower!

Well I bought the DDR and I have to admit it really shows ! The 300mhz DDR is DAMN SWEET. I used to zoom up on someone and use rockets (quake3) teh smoke trails would always make teh game choppy on 1024x768, but now with the DDR, no chop at all!!! Quite sweet, and some quake levels are much smoother as well (5.13 drivers if anyone is wondering).

Get DDR and spend the extra 2 cents.

Thread Information