Can of Worms: Best video card
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Can of Worms: Best video card

Can of Worms: Best video card

Ok,
    I'm soliciting opinions on the best video card. I suppose I would want a good 3D card, but not necessarily the fastet (I don't plan to use it for games). Also, opinions on if there should be a DVD hardware decoder built in, or not. I understand that with faster processors, the software DVD has better performance. Do most video cards come with DVD decoders built in? I'd perfer not to tax the CPU with a software decoder anymore than I'd have to. Opinions please, one and all
    Michael

------------------
    People think I'm evil. I'm not. I have the heart of a small boy, in a jar, on my desk. -Stephen King
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

"Secular nations have one thing in common-mass graves, and the reason is that they believe the government is the final arbiter of right and wrong and good and evil." -Rob Schenk

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison

As games aren't a priority then I'd got for a matrox, as the tend to have some good features with just about the best 2D image.

Check thier site for details on the DVD stuff.

They also have the duel head frature on some cards that allows two monitors to display different stuff.

Thread Information