Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS in the UK, Where???????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS in the UK, Where???????

Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS in the UK, Where???????

Anyone know who will have it first and when please???

Thanks for the return e-mail
    As you can see I am now a member (look out folks here comes my totally inacurate opinion).
    By the way heres my system:
    P600e@804 with alpha pep66
    BF6 mobo
    256Mb crucial pc133
    Quantum 18GB ata66 + Hotrod card
    clap @130/330 with celeron hs+f (dont want to break it b4 I sell it!)
    Vortex2
    19" Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 450

This started as a hobby about 18 months ago, 8 graphics cards,4 cpu's,4mobo's later I'm now filing for bankruptcy.
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

I'm not sure, but I know I have my Hercules model waiting for me @ EB!

/me runs to the bank...
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Gasman

Welcome to the asylum , It's certianly an expensive hobby if you want to stay near the cutting edge, unfortunatly we both appear to have been sucked in to a similar degree

Here's my sys:-

PIII 700Mhz @ 988Mhz (7x140fsb @ 1.75v)
    Abit BF6
    256mb Mushkin PC133
    Voodoo 3 2000 @180mhz (sold the CLAP)
    Soundblaster Live
    Wyn Doze 98 SE
    (300Watt P\S)

Where did you get the Hotrod card and how much did it cost / was there any install problems??

Regards BladeRunner

The HotRod came from Dabs only cost about 25
    Just checked on web page its 23.50 inc http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-se...=12&Search.y=5
    My cards been absolutely rock solid straight forward instal no probs.And I reformat my machine about once a month
    Quantum HD is in slot1 on the card and my dvd drive and LS120 are on ide2 on mobo.
    If I pay abit of attention to my irq's I can get all my pci cards working without no probs, modem,network,Hollywood dvd card,soundcard,Hotrod. I found out that the bf6 shares in the following way
    agp - pci1
    pci2- pci5
    pci3- pci6
    pci4- usb controller
    Could help someone!
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

Thanks for that, and I seem to be always building comps at the moment for friends so I may as well use the BF6 in one and get a BE6 r2 that has all the BF6 features adding ATA 66 (but losing one PCI). as far as I know, and will work out slightly cheeper in the end.

I didn't have many problems with the Geforce card (CLAP) but that is partly as I have a current sys,lots of gamers have and this card still has a "picky" nature with what games it wants to crash / not run properly with, and how many tweaks you have to make to get the best out of it.

I have been quite vocal on my dislike of it, as I've had it since Xmas, and although it is quite good now the original drivers sucked, and it is still at it's best with beta drivers, even though it is "out of date" by Nvidias release schedule. IMHO it is just not good enough to release hardware in this kind of beta form, after all you wouldn't accept it from a HDD or a monitor?

One thing I have noticed now I'm using a Voodoo 3 2000, no crashing, lock-ups or game incompatibalities. I'd forgotton what it was like to just use a Graphics card rather than spend your time tweaking and searching for new detonators.

Maybe I'm a little bitter at being an unwilling beta tester and PAYING for the privilage, I'd like the finished product now. GTS ..... free please

Yeah,the only thing thats concerning me at the moment is 3DFX having to recall their v5500 cards (several days b4 release) because of a problem that they may or may not have not a good sign, I hope it's a case of worrying about nothing.Or maybe they've been listening to all us gefarce owners complaining about crashes with this, lock-ups with that, and feel the customer deserves better
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

This is why I might settle for the GTS until the 6000 has been out a while, as many of the Geforce issues are now fixed with the .18micron core and the matureish 5 XX series drivers. The V3 is ok but that is going in another system soon so I've got to get something and don't really fancy the 5500.

I also reformat a lot, usually with every new beta Detonator I used and find Norton Ghost the best way, takes about 15mins

Thread Information