V6000 psu
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: V6000 psu

V6000 psu

Hi everybody -my first post please be gentle.
    After jumping on the bandwagon about 3weeks ago and preordering a Prophet2 64Mb, I have just cancelled it.From reading reviews of the geforce2 and trying out the 5.22 fsaa drivers on my own CLAP I've come to the conclusion that neither the v5500 or the geforce 2 are good enough to do fsaa at a level that I want.(you dont spend time and money on a power system just to run in low res and 16bit colour)
    Anyway I'm now looking at the v6000 ( with my hopes pinned)My question is (finally) I've seen two pics of the v6000, one with 2x2 chips on the board and another with 4 in a row.Anybody know which board is final and also where the hell is the psu going to fit?
    Cheers
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

The V5 6000 is my baby to , and I wish they would get on with it. On the other hand I'd rather they took the time to avoid all the issues that plagued the original Geforce cards because they were released in a beta state. Probably try a Asus GTS for the moment as I'll sell it later if the V5 6000 is any good

The four processors in a row appears to be the current, and I would assume the final layout. The seperate power supply issue has got alot of flack, but I think it's a good idea if it sidesteps the power problems the Geforce cards had. It will be a seperate box, like a battery drill recharger in size that will plug into the back like the VGA connector

I certainly hope it does solve any power probs, cos at the moment with my clap I get a wavey image at certain resolutions and refresh rates, and I've tried everything to fix this (mobo bios update,video card bios update, new video card,voltage tweaks, new power supply, pci cards in/out, even a bnc monitor cable) things have improved but not fixed.Tried my clap in my bros (daveg) pc and it works a treat I can't win.
    So I'll have to find even more space on my desk for a psu, looks like the steering wheel is gonna find a new home
    Xp1800
    Soltek DRV5
    Corsair PC2700 cas2
    GF4 Ti4400
    Santa Cruz
    Barracuda IV
    Hollywood+
    Iiyama Pro450

Thread Information