How many FPS can the Human Eye Notice? - Page 5
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many FPS can the Human Eye Notice?

When I'm really drunk, my world framerate sometimes drops to 20-25, and then I fall to the ground. Very annoying. I need atleast 50 fps to be able to stand straight!!!

You can see drinking as backwards overclocking. I run at 700MHz normally, and after a sixpack 'o' beer it's just 500! I also get a terrible lag when I play multiplay (=communicate with other people).
    Damn I should stay sober!

/Salmoneus

Speed of Light = 186,000 Miles Per Second

------------------
    Skywalker is here and the Force is with him!
    Skywalker is here and the Force is with him!

FSAA is a feature that was already used and has already proven its utility in raytracing. But i don't know if motion blur does. It will be interesting to know if motion blur is used in some animation film (such as toy story 2) which just look fluid (as far as i remember) even if they're 24 fps.

Also, you must notice that 30 fps is an average in the second, i mean you could have 25 fps during the first half second, and only 5 in the second half, what will just be far from enough. I think 60fps is far enough, but 30 is not enough to play a long time without getting a headache (especially in fips games).

Salmoneus

Nice one ... I thought I was the only one that suffered from real life drink related FPS degredation, but unfortunatly I don't tend to stop until I'm somewhere around the "486" with a dodgie HDD performance level

Deliver me O Mighty Satan from all past error and delusion, fill me with truth, wisdom and understanding, keep me strong in my faith and service, that I may abide always in Thee with Praise, Honor and Glory be given Thee forever and ever.

BRING LIFE TO THEE!

Really? Way to bring up a 14 year old thread.

Damn I miss BladeRunner
    Last edited by Huge; July 17th, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

Thread Information