Will G400 do 2X on Via Boards
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Will G400 do 2X on Via Boards

Will G400 do 2X on Via Boards

Hi everyone...

I have Matrox G400 cards in 3 machines. On my BX box, its running at 2X AGP. On both my P3V4X and 7VCA boards I can't get beyond 1X. I've tried AGPSWITCH from the MatroxUsers site to force AGP 2X but it crashes both machines. Is there a known method for enabling 2X (if not 4X) with G400s and Via boards?

Weird, cause my Matrox G400MAX runs just fine at 2X AGP on a Soyo 6VCA. It even does 4X AGP no problems...

Have you tried installing the latest AGP Gart drivers from VIA ? (released May 16)
    We came from the stars so they say, now it's time to go back. If I was conceived today, I would not get beyond eight cells, and yet here I am. In a way they were right, I don't have the heart for this world.

The question is, why am I having so much trouble dying?

Same Video Card and using a Soyo 7VCA, AGP 2x works jsut fine, It acually automatically defaulted to 2x, didn't yours?

No, it defaulted to 1X on both the 7VCA and P3V4X and 2X on the SY-6BA+4 (3 different G400s on 3 different machines). Not that I can tell the difference... but the BIOS's in both VIA boards say that 4X is enabled so I'd expect them to at least hit 2X, but bout Sandra and CPUID report 1X.

I haven't tried the new AGP drivers yet. I had a bad experience installing the 4.20 4-in-1 drivers last week that put me in page compatability mode for a day. But I'm over that. Are the new drivers okay?

Thread Information