UTb and V-Synch Curiosity
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: UTb and V-Synch Curiosity

UTb and V-Synch Curiosity

Is there a way to disable vsynch in DirectX mode or is that rather futile? For example, a command that will disable Vsynch? I am curious to see what i get without it on.

You can disable v-sync in UT from the console when you type preferences. Go to renderer (i think, flying blind here) and choose direct3d settings. There will be a v-sync option. Just choose no/false.

Is that what you are asking?
    Asus P9X79-Deluxe, Intel i7 3930k @ 4.2Ghz, 16gb DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Memory, Coolermaster Storm Trooper case, Corsair AX850 psu, Zotac 970 GTX 4gB SLI, Corsair Model H100 w/c, Samsung 840 Pro 512gB SSD, Asus Blu-ray Writer 12x, Windows7 Pro x64

MSI GS Series GS60 Ghost-003 Gaming Notebook 15.6", Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz, 16GB Memory 1TB HDD 128GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB, 4.36 lbs.

First of all, some cards provide software controls to do this, either in a centralized fashion, or per game. In some cases this is the ONLY way to set it. (E.g., a Viper II cheerfully overrides any requests from a program to enable/disable v-sync. You can only set it from display properties. And I have a feeling it's not the only card that does that.)

Second, many games have their own settings for that. E.g., in Unreal Tournament open the console and type "preferences". Then open the "Rendering" branch and work your way from there.

------------------
    Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild
    Moraelin -- the proud member of the Idiots' Guild

Thread Information