Secondary graphics....
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Secondary graphics....

Hybrid View

Secondary graphics....

Hello,

I was hoping someone could explain to me the basics of installing a secondary graphics board?

I have an Elsa Gladiac as my AGP graphics, but it doesn't run games in "glide". And a few of my games (Ultima IX) only really run good in glide. So i was planning on ripping out my good old Creative Labs Blaster Banshee Voodoo2 PCI card from my other computer and installing it as a secondary card. I also have a Voodoo3 3000 card laying around to, but it's an AGP card and I've heard you can't install AGP's as secondary cards, only PCI's...is this true?

So can anyone give me some tips on installing this secondary graphics card?

Thank you...

Athlon 550, K7M mobo, 196 PC100 SDRAM, Elsa Gladiac Geforce2, Aureal Vortex2 sound, AGP 1X or 2X

Siamese Guest
    Every computer only has one AGP slot, so yes, only a PCI card can act as a secondary graphics adapter. The banshee will do nicely.

Also if u can get ur hands on a GLIDE wrapper, that may be the way to go. I have a Creative Geforces so I have access to the glide wrapper however im not sure about u. Also ur performance will be lower with a wrapper but hey u have a damn Geforce GTS, so i dont think that will be a prob.

thanks for the reply
    But one question...what the hell is a wrapper?

I just tried to install the Banshee card just like I had done with the Gladiac - just putting it in the slot and starting up the computer - but my monitor said that it had no signal input Do I have to connect my Banshee card to the Gladiac or something?

Please someone help.....

Come on!!! I know someone MUST know how to do this!

PLEASE help me PLEASE

Thread Information