TNT2 M64 D3D settings?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TNT2 M64 D3D settings?

TNT2 M64 D3D settings?

To make this short, In most games, I got better FPS on my old PC wich was PII 350 with 128Mb ram and a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI w/16Mb then I get on my new PIII 700, 192Mb TNT2 M64 w/32Mb AGP. I have the newest drivers on everything, both sound and graphic.

The TNT driver have so many options under the D3D tab options. I only use the DirX 5 compatib. modus. Is that wrong? What do you guys activate/de-activate here? After changing drivers I have re-installed DirX each time.

Have you thought of using DirectX 7.0 or 7.0a??

It really helped me with Q3A and some other games.
    Main Computer Specs:
    Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 45nm
    Asus P5E
    4gb OCZ Reaper HPC PC6400
    Seagate SATA2 250Gb
    eVGA 512Mb 8800GT
    SupremeFX II Mobo Audio (for time being)
    Wynndows7 Home Premium 64Bit
    Currently playing; Crysis, Just Cause 2, Alien Swarn, Borderlands, and Starcraft 2.

I am using DirX 7.0.
    But in the D3D property options, you have alot of things to activate/de-activate. The default setup activates the DirX 5 compatible mode. Should this be turn on and is there any other things that should be activated?

I am using DirX 7.0.
    But in the D3D property options, you have alot of things to activate/de-activate. The default setup activates the DirX 5 compatible mode. Should this be turn on and is there any other things that should be activated?

The M64 just isn't very good from what I hear. Take a look at 3DMark comparisons with an Athlon 600:

Notice the M64 towards the bottom.

------------------
    Buyer Beware! My personal review of Atacom
    Learn how to sell on eBay at www.PowerSellerPros.com

actually, There must be something else wrong aside from your video card. I have an AMD 600mhz on that very video card once and it gave quite a hell of a performance for its class in Q3 [50+] FPS. but I found out that in higher resolutions that card shows its flaw. It runs slower than an original RIVA TNT on high resolution. You might wanna check the resolution of your games just to make sure.

I have tryed 800 x 640 instead of 1024 x 768. I have turned the settings down in graphical options menu in the games, but none of this gives any better result. I get the same fps anyway. I will download the 3Dmark 2000 and see the test result. Maybe this can give me a clue.

how can that becnchmark up there be? because all m64 cards are really tnt2-ultra cards with just slight veriation in the core, but its something thats not supposed to make much of a difference.......

oh i guess, so much for that

The m64 is a exactly a tnt2, with a 64bit not 128bit memory bus, this hits performance hard in higher res's/colours. I have one myself, and wish i'd bought a proper tnt2 at the time.

Thread Information