Occasional Hesitations With Creative Labs Annihilator Pro
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Occasional Hesitations With Creative Labs Annihilator Pro

Occasional Hesitations With Creative Labs Annihilator Pro

I'm having Occasional Hesitations during game play with Creative Labs Annihilator Pro running Unreal (With Patch 225).

I have an ASUS P3B-F with a PII 600e and 384M of system RAM.

Can anyone give some pointers on what to do to clear this up ?

I don't think you will find a solution as the game engine is coded in Glide and that is what it runs best in. The Open GL and D3D patching has limited sucess.

A 3dfx card is the only true solution .

Well I have Two Monster 3DII cards that I can put in the same machine with the Gforce card. Then I can run them all !!!

Johnny GHz

Hey let me know how it goes, I'd be interested as V2's are cheep now. It should "Glide" along smoothly on those

I have another PII 400Mhz computer with the 2 Monater II 3D cards running together in what's called Scanned Line Interlace mode.

The system runs Unreal flawlessly at 32 Bit color depth 1024x768 Res on a 19inch PS790 moniter.

haha you gotta be kidding voodoo2 doesn't even support 32-bit colour so how the heck can you run them?

[This message has been edited by choitin (edited 05-12-2000).]

Your right. I checked the Monster II 3D manual and it supports a maximum of 65,000 colors (16^2=65,536 so it supports only 16 bit color). Its the AGP graphics card that I had set to 32bit color (the Monster II 3D cards pass their video thru the AGP card). Also, the Unreal documentation states that the runs best in 32 bit mode.

I'm getting ready to switch the two Monster II 3D cards over to my 800 Mhz machine. I will report back on what "doubling the processor speed" does to game play, while these cards are passing their video thru a CL annihilator Pro.

[This message has been edited by Johnny GHz (edited 05-12-2000).]

-->Tequila<-- Guest
    Well, the latest patch for Unreal (original) VASTLY improves the Direct3D support up to the same sort of level as Unreal Tournament. I have run Unreal original in D3D on a TNT2Ultra and a Geforce and it is SILKY. Better than when I had V2/SLI even.

I suggest you grab the 226a patch for Unreal (225 patch is still crap), and D3D should fly on your Geforce.

Teq

Hey Thanks .... That's it .... I'm running the 225 patch.

I have just put my two monster II 3D boards in my 800 Mhz machine (PIII 600e overclocked to 800Mhz on an ASUS 440BX motherboard). The game play itself is silk, but theres no switch in the control panel to turn off the Monster II 3D cards so I have to remove the cards in the device manager to run the Creative Labs Annihilator Pro.

Thread Information