A little info about Voodoo1
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: A little info about Voodoo1

Hybrid View

A little info about Voodoo1

I have been using a Canopus Pure 3D voodoo 1 card for about 6 months. I have had this card through 3 computer systems from a cyrix pr-166+, a pentium 166, and now a pentium II 266.

If you also have a voodoo1 card, dont go out and upgrade you cpu to get better frame rates. (unless you have a really slow cpu already). To give you all a performance difference with this game and different computers, here are the #'s I got with quake II on my systems with a voodoo1 card, running the timedemo 1, demo1.dm2 map.

Cyrix pr-166+ with vx board and 32mb sdram: This setup could only achieve a mere 12 fps with the voodoo1 card at 50mhz, with quake II at 640x480 resolution.

The Pentium 166 with hx board and 96mb of edo ram: This setup was capable of achieving 19.5fps in quake II at 640x480.

The Pentium II 266 with lx board and 64mb of sdram: This setup for me is capable of 22.5 fps in quake II at 640x480 resolution. I have done the most tweaking using the pure 3d in this system, and by seting the pure 3d driver clock speed control to 58 mhz, I am able to push over 26fps in quake II.

As you all can see, there is not much of a performance increase from a pentium to a pentium II with a voodoo1 card. But the difference between a pentium and a cyrix with the same pr rating is significant.
    Collinj
    Sometimes I wonder...

collinj,

look at this old thread I found.

? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

LOL!

Toolbox! You have too much time in your hands! Get out to chase girls or something!

LOL

This is OLD
    Sometimes I wonder...

Mole, do you remember an old thread where this guy stated:

I think the Voodoo3 3000 is the best card ever!

Then all members from that point on started posting replying that followed as such:

I think Vanilla is the best ice cream ever!

I think Toyota makes the best cars ever!

And so on and so forth... that's the thread I'm trying to find.
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thread Information