fan on back-side of GeForce and...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: fan on back-side of GeForce and...

fan on back-side of GeForce and...

i just want to comfirm that can i put a fan on backs-side of Ge-Force??(i mean other side of GPU)..... currently i have 4 fans on card.... 2 60mm(CBF32) fans on back-side of card.. 1 with heatsink... on GPU ... 1 120mm(CAF12) fan perpendicular to card....

and i havnt used any thermal tape to stick heat-sick on the GPU.... um using ELFY (basicaly it is used to join plastic/mirror etc)...

one more thing how can i measure the temperature of card???? is there any software?...

thanks

there are sertan fans that have 3 wires comeing out of them that connect to the power supply insteal of 2 the ectra 3rd wire measure the temperature and tells you how fast it is spinng. if you get smart doctor it tells you the temperature and you can adjust how fast the fan spinns in that program. i dont no where to get it or how much it costs all i no is that it comes with the asus V6800 delux geforce
    duron 800@900 - asus a7v - 640mb pc133 - radeon 8500le 128mb - sb live - 16x dvd-rom - 48x24x48 burner

dam, why u want so many fans? I mean the more the merrier, but thats alotta fans. Are you overclocking? What card is it.

You can put fans on the back, all you really need is a small cpu fan on the back side to move the air around. just ofset the fan from the surface with a few plastic dohickies. If your card doesn't have a temperature probe, you can get one of those radioshack digital ones for real cheep...Just put the probe as close as you can get it to the gpu, maybe drill a hole in the heatsink and epoxy it in there (after you remove the HS of course).

i have CL GeForce Pro... i want to over-clock it around at 150/380... currently i have over-clocked it at 140/350 .... but fan on GPU(default fan that came with the card) is not allowing to over-clock it anymore...

what fan and heatsink should i use for GPU???? and please if possible plz tell me where to get it..... i bought my previous fans from www.coolerguys.com

Thanks

Well I have the CLAP , I tried various heatsink and fan combos including a 120mm fan on it, no kidding.

None of this really helped alot as 40C was just about as low as it would go in non gaming use, and 155/345 was highest stable O/C. I also have good case cooling (22C to 24C).

I finally "solved" it with an ICE 71 peltier @ 7v on an Alpha 3125 heatsink, now running at 18C to 24C in most situations, though it will go up to 32C with FSSAA enabled. This is total overkill I know, and I only tried it as I had the peltier and alpha sitting here. I will be water cooling it soon as I'd really like some PCI slots back

Motherboard: Abit BF6
    Front Side Bus: 140Mhz
    Processor: PIII Coppermine
    Speed: 700Mhz
    Overclocked to: 988Mhz
    Videocard: CLAP o/c'd (165/365)
    GeForce Temperature: (Gaming) normally 24C (32 peak)
    GeForce Temperature: (Non-Gaming) around 18C

Before cooling (standard card)

GeForce Temperature: (Gaming) 68C, max 82C with overclocking
    GeForce Temperature: (Non-Gaming)around 56C

you can get a cooling kit from here and thermal paste between the heatsink and GPU is a must

Geforce cooling kit

BladeRunner

thanks BladeRunner

No problemo, and there is a performance link between the ram speed in releation to the GPU speed for the best performance.

If you are into reading, this is the Best article I have read so far on the Geforce. It is however a bit heavy going, but at the end you will know a lot more about your card, and how a 64mb version is not any better in most situations when using S3tc in the latest 5 series detonators.

32mb Geforce V 64mb Geforce

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 05-04-2000).]

Thread Information