New Matrox drivers
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: New Matrox drivers

New Matrox drivers

Hey everybody! I have a V770 32mb vid card but I haven't put it in yet because I'm waiting for my K6-2 450 processor to arrive....and I'm currently using a 300. I have a Matrox Millenium G200 8mb SGRAM....and I tried to use the new 5.13 drivers on my system.....but they won't work. I originally used the 4.33 drivers...and had MAJOR trouble running 3dmark...(screen goes blank when executing the demo or the benchmark) so I formatted my HD....just in case I might've had some kinda problem that windows couldn't fix. When I put the original drivers in from my Matrox CD.....3dmark kinda ran.....there was a lot of messed up stuff.....with wild colors everywhere. So......I decided to try the NEW drivers again.....I deleted everything matrox from the registry.....uninstalled the Matrox Powerdesk....changed the display adapter to Standard VGA....and removed all MGA, Matrox, and G200 files using the Find command on the Win98 startup menu. After doing all that.....I installed the new drivers....and....after rebooting about 4 times.....it never would work.....the screen NEVER did look right.....it messed up EVERY time. I don't know what to do......I'm just wondering if anybody else has had any trouble with these drivers. Oh....also...I downloaded the Q3 test.....but it doesn't want to run with my card.....last time I tried it(before the format) it said it couldn't start the OpenGL stuff....I even downloaed the D3D wrapper from Matrox for Quake and Quake 2.....and it still didn't work right. Sorry I wrote a book! If any of you take the time to reply.....you are patient people.....and I appreciate it very much! Thanks in advance!

jcwagers

hey i've got a Matrox g200 8 meg. And i too just recently d/loaded the new drivers but never had any of the problems that what you got. the only problem (that I know of )i got was that simcity 3000 ahs parts of the screen flashing.
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I'm using a Mistique G200 and the drivers look great to me,all the open GL games and D3d,and directX6,everything is fine & crisp.

After I have downloaded the newest drivers, I have som "problems" in Half Life and other games. The distant walls seem to flicker and i get a ton of clipping errors (see through corners)... Suck!

Roller Coster Tychoon, suck I can only use res. 800x600 ... the drivers have not done me any good... (Quake2 is a bit faster)

R.
    Mads
    MTV
    Mads Jensen

PS! Fedt blad

flat-v8 i thought the new drivers supported opengl but i wasn't sure. Is there a new ICD or does it come with the new drivers? is some are they any improvement over the ICD beta 2 drivers?
    people that drive slow are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that provide a challange.

I had the very same problems you described. The latest drivers from matrox wouldn't work at all on my system, couldn't boot into windows. The drivers I have that work are 4.10 dated 9-4-98.
    I have a similar problem to what drzaius had with simcity 3000, I have to lower the video acceleration whenever I want to play sc3000 otherwise it locks just past the game startup screen.
    Good luck.

I got the new drivers ( v5.025.019) for my milnlenium and then I installed DX7 from microsfot and now my machine will not shut down and Falcon 4.0, although Homeworld runs realy smoothly.

Also when I bought my G200 Millenium I got the G200 SP, which is only got a 230mhz speed not like the full G200 @ 250mhz, I didn't even know there was an "SP" model!!

I'm up to th 5.30 version now, and it's a huge improvement. I have a g200 8mb SGRAM, and the performance is foar better witht hese new drivers.

I have had the same problem. I have changed the board with the adapter on it, reformatted the machine, changed the memory, etc. When I try to start the machine in any more than 16 colors, I get this horrible screen when it tries to boot into windows. I have to pull the plug and so through safe mode and restart again so that I may get some colors. It is driving me crazy now. I have an HP where the adapter is on the board. Any one who may be able to shed some light, please reply! thanks!

Thread Information