Video Card BAD performance
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Video Card BAD performance

Video Card BAD performance

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new computer with a SiS onboard 8 MB video Card and onboard 64-bit 3D AGP graphics accelerator.. should be a pretty good setup I would think, but yet, when I try and run a game that has very minimal system requirements by todays standards, the screen when playing the game is "choppy". The best way I can describe it is that it is like a VCR when you have the still feature enabled and set it to advance one frame at a time. this is very annoying and makes game play very slow and almost impossible. it is only noticable on car driving games or other games where the screen is rapidly changing. any ideas?

what's your Procesor speed? anyways, i would think that your graphics card isn't that good. YEAH, IT ISN'T THAT GOOD. consider getting a voodoo3 2000 and overclocking it. also, you might not have enough ram. you'll need 128 (preferably) for today's 3d games.

------------------
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw
    MaH SyStEm:
    PIII 450, 128 RAM, i740 (the i740 was last year's best midrange 2d card, so ha!) voodoo2 sli, 4.8X toshiba DVD, 4x4x20 cd-rw

it is a Celeron 466 processor and has 64 megs of ram. and with is being an onboard video card, is is possible to instal a voodoo card?

Originally posted by coolguy867:
    what's your Procesor speed? anyways, i would think that your graphics card isn't that good. YEAH, IT ISN'T THAT GOOD. consider getting a voodoo3 2000 and overclocking it. also, you might not have enough ram. you'll need 128 (preferably) for today's 3d games.

i'm not really sure about all that onboard video and sound or anything, but you PROBABLY could install a voodoo2. that's what i'm thinking. don't buy one yet!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!??!?!?! also, i think that you should consider getting another 64 MBS of ram.

------------------
    MaH SyStEm:
    MaH SyStEm:

Even if you have onboard video, you can still install another video card. After that, you can disable the onboard video. My cousin has onboard video and is thinking of upgrading. He's awesome with computers. I'll get him to come to this site and help. Hope that kinda helps guys.

System:
    AMD Athlon 500 Mhz
    128 ram
    20 gig. hd
    4.8 Toshiba DVD Rom
    4x4x24 JVC CD-RW
    32 meg. Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead Max
    It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious.
    --Alfred North Whitehead

remember that you probably don't wanna disable the onboard video cuz voodoo2 is 3d-only and if you disable, you won't be able to do 2d. disable it only if you get a 2d and 3d card, like voodoo3 or TNT2.

------------------
    MaH SyStEm:
    MaH SyStEm:

That onboard video you have really sucks, a 4 meg PCI card would whoop it silly.

------------------
    I hate Macintosh.

Yep thats right and Lance24 you can put a voodoo2 in your celeron cause i have a celeron 466id mhz with 128 ram and a voodoo2 12mb and games run good enough!! My onboard video is a ati rage pro 4mb but that suck its good for 2d! Buy a voodoo2 12mb for about 75$ Canadian , usa not sure and wait for voodoo4 or 5 at a good price in futur!! With a voodo2 12 mb and 128 mb ram you will be able to play big game!! i used to play rainbowsix rogue spears quake3 with good fps too!! Ok the graphics are not the best with voodoo2 but good enough to have fun playing!! If am wrong someone tell me cause right here with my computer all i said its true!
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

ronan Guest
    Well..all i know is that ever since i installed my k6-3 400 from my k6-2, performance overall has increased a ful 10 fps on q3a. I guess the 3dprophet DDR-DVI don't hurt either -

The mainboard I have is a PC100 M741LMRT, does anyone know if it is possible to ad another video card to it?

Thread Information