S3 Savage 4
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: S3 Savage 4

S3 Savage 4

After having purchased the S3 Savage & then reading discussions about this card, I went around kicking myself, then various friends did the same thing,( kicked me that is) since then I have used S3's drivers, rather my manufacter's (powercolor)& install openGl drivers, things have been much better still ocassionally locks up, anyhow does anyelse no of a mobo/cpu combo that this card works best under.

S3 has been releasing a lot of refrence drivers resently. Maybe these will fix your problems. Also there are a few beta drivers and hacked drivers floating around. Supposadly some of the hack drivers are a lot faster.

BTW kick yourself again. I just hope you didn't pay to much for it. Savage 4 sounded good on paper but never performed very well. Savage 2000 (ViperII) is closer to what i should have been, but is still a little off. Maybe their next card will be better.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Try as hard as you can to sell it out and buy Voodoo3 2000. I upgrade my -full-of-problems- Savage3D into V3 2K, and thank GOD, no more seeking here and there to find the best driver. Ignore people said that V3 pictures is bad. IMHO, this is a good card. Fast and good picture, period.
    Ok, I know it is a little expensive than S4, but it worth for your peace of mind. LEAVE S3 for those who like to surf the net for the best driver.....

Thread Information