E-machine 300k and Voodoo Banshee
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: E-machine 300k and Voodoo Banshee

E-machine 300k and Voodoo Banshee

I upgraded by 300K with Rage IIc to a Voodoo Banshee. The machine recognizes the Banshee but when restarting the machine it autodetects the Rage II hardware and asks if I want to find the software for it. How can I disconnect the Rage II. Will games that say 3Dfx work with the Rage II. Do I need to upgrade to the Banshee.

ok ,some of the,and maybe all will work with the rage 2,it all depends........

e-machines most of the time have a jumper on the mother board to disable the onboard video.look around look at all the writing it will tell you where and which jumper it is.If not available go into bios if posible and disable it in there,also while in bios set the pci card as the primary vid card and the agp as secondary.

It will say something like vga bios sequence,put the pci 1st.

also go into control panel/system then display adapter then go high light the rage 2 and click REMOVE have fun...........

I think I'm going to have to do the way of the jumpers. I couldn't see (didn't know what I was looking for in the Bios) anything about pci sequence (but I'm going to look again). I went onto e-machine and here is the info that I found:

To Enable Video: J10 (2-3), J11 (2-3),
    J1 (2-3), J1 (2-3)

To Disable: J10 (1-2), J11 (1-2),
    J1 (1-2), J1 (1-2)

But I will have to find these because I called e-machine last night and they told me that they could not (would not) help me disable the Rage II in order to put in a Banshee.

Thread Information