Glitch-force Pro (DDR)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glitch-force Pro (DDR)

Glitch-force Pro (DDR)

Has anyone gotten NFS4 to have a decent frame rate on the Glitch-force Pro?

NFS4 is one of my favorite games, and it ran great on my Voodoo3000 but on the Glitch-force Pro, it's very choppy and I have the latest drivers, etc. I even have the latest EA patch released over the weeekend, but no luck. It's a Direct 3D game, which the Glitch-force is supposed to excel at, but in this case something is wrong.

Initialy when i bought my anilator pro(geforce ddr)yes problems with framrate and nfs4.But since reference drivers 363 and above i have had NO problems with the framrates being low.

I suggest getting rid of all drivers that came with the board,add/remove delete ect.... and installing the reference drivers that can be found here http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml 377 being the latest ones,good luck..........

one more thing what cpu are you running?

If its a k62-400 or below that may be all your gonna get.I run a k63-460 and in gaming it typicaly runs 10 fps faster than any k62..........

User has a Hole in his head and brain is leaking out ....
    I told you in another thread why, because NFS4 has experimental D3D support. It was writtem for glide.

A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Luke-Skywalker You can defend the geforce if you like and you are probably right about NFS 4, but in essience Little Scooby is right and mirrors my feelings somewhat I posted a while back:-

Well I have to dissagree, I've now had a geforce DDR since xmas and to say I'm dissapointed would be a bit harsh but It has most certianly been a letdown. Firstly the drivers Really sucked when released and they are still not right. The card still suffers from minor stuttering in various games. Midtown madness is unplayable unless you keep restarting it, and even then it's not as smooth a with my V3 2000. Microsoft are blaming Nvidia and vice versa.

The worse thing however is that it's lacking memory already. It is a minor thing, but I don't expect to have the latest technolgy graphics card and find it can't cope with an area of a current game that has been optimised for it (Q3).

The card performs very well in Q3 and I get very good fps but slow down is more than evident unless you have the texture slider down one knotch. T&l is only any help if you have a slower procesor.

There are many other issues with open gl and D3D, textural tearing, getting chucked out to the desktop.

The new Voodoo's may be just as bad but hold off saying they suck until you can base that on fact. I have no preferance to which Graphics card I own, I just want the fastest, and most compatable card, and you can rest assure that I will be posting my experience with a V5 6000 here (if the gaming sites praise it), and It will be an honest evaluation.

Also to get a perception to the human eye of smooth movement 30fps is adequate when you are looking at film which records the real life motion blur. Computer games at the moment do not have this feature so double the frame rate is required, that's why over 60fps is the area you really want to be.
    BladeRunner

Well there are two people in this thread who have bought a Ge-Force and been overwhelmed by its sucsess over a V3 .

I just don't like whiners, who are mis-informed. Its the game not the card.

The ge-force is very so-so it needs more memory cause it doesnt cut it in quake3 100 % of the time. I agree there.

------------------
    I am changing my name to Num-Chuck ...
    http://www.overclockers.com.au

I am running the 3.68's with my CL Pro (P3 600). NFS runs very nicely at 1280 x 960. The menus are a little blurry but the game looks awfully pretty and smooth as well. The game still calls the GeForce "Device 1" but just ignore that.

------------------
    BlueRacer
    BlueRacer

I forgot all about Midtown Madness. That is another game I never got to work just right with my older Glitch-Force (SDR version). I never bothered to retry it with my new Glitch-Force Pro. Maybe I'll try it tonight.

I remember it being a great game on the 3000.
    I'm just glad that Thief and SOF work good on the Glitch-Force. I wish more games worked good on that card. BTW, my hardware is an ABIT BH6, 256 megs RAM, CL Glitch-Force Pro, Xgamer Live, (also MX300 when driver issues don't arrise). OS is currently Win98SE but when I was doing the majority of my Glitch-Force testing, it was with 95-OSR2.

NVidia's brilliant decision to come to the market with hardware transform and lighting (the mythical T&L) was a chess move for the likes of Bobby Fischer. Suddenly, everybody needed it even though nothing really supported it. That's still mostly the case today, with a few apps and even more benchmarks (Treemark, woohoo!) withstanding. But what has made the GeForce 256 such an impressive "GPU" is its raw 3D pixel pushin' power, timed to hit the market just as the gamers were gettin' hot 'n bothered over Quake III and Unreal Tournament. Late though they were, most folks think that this latest iteration of silicon creatine was worth the wait. Despite complaints from the press over NVidia's lackluster spec sheet (the GeForce sported a slower clockspeed than the TNT2 Ultra), the cards sold like wildfire.

90 % of computer errors are caused by the user

You are just one of those statistics. Stop downing a compnay cause you are too stupid to get it to work.

You are a Dumb Arse Pro...,.

I wasn't, that quote was from Ars Technica, however you spell it. A popular hardware website.

i posted this on blades other post and its 100% correct,

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Geforce ddr in a athlon or SS7 system should be for an EXPERIENCED user.If computers and video cards arent your thing,then FOR SURE you will be up a creek.

2 options let an experienced tech do it for you if your having problems.

# 2 dont buy 1."

you cant deal with it get a new card,im on ss7 k63,and sure at first i had a few probs,but after i figured out the registry and all on the nvidia and creative drivers its NO PROB,my pro is way sweet now

clocked at 160/360 vs stock 120/300 on a k63 400 o/c to 460 via an o/c bus at 115 x4 and o/c ram at cas 2 with all these REDLINED factors i should not be able to do **** with my pro but quite the opposit is the case.WHY? cause i know what the hell im doing!

How does 640 m/pixels sound and close to 6gig bandwith? yeah glitch force pro!

I have noticed that the GeForce seems to have problems sometimes with texture-intensive games. Two of the causes of this could be that its drivers do not support palettized textures or compressed textures yet (NVIDIA claims that these types of textures are supported by the chip on their specs pages.) Both of these will improve texture memory usage on the card. This could be one reason the 64MB GeForce from Dell performs so well. The card is not having to transfer textures as often.

------------------
    If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress ?

>Geforce ddr in a athlon or SS7 system
    >should be for an EXPERIENCED user.If
    >computers and video cards arent your
    >thing,then FOR SURE you will be up a creek.

That's the best reason I've heard yet for not buying one, thanks

Thread Information