Geforce Pro doesn't work
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Geforce Pro doesn't work

Geforce Pro doesn't work

Hi,

i've already seen the go.to/geforcefaq
    I've the MSI ATX LX6 Motherboard and I don't know what to do? My system is always hanging If I'm playing 3dfx games.
    Do you have a solution without manipulation on my mobo

Pentium II 266Mhz 128MbRam
    CD-Rom / Cd-Writer/Scsi-Card/Soundblaster 128Pci/ Modem and the MS-6117 (MSI ATX LX6) mobo

Thanx for your help

Hmmmm. We need a little more info:

1. What do you mean "3Dfx games"?
    2. Which drivers are you using?
    3. All games have trouble?
    4. Do you currently have a V2 also?
    5. Which games?

------------------
    BlueRacer

[This message has been edited by BlueRacer (edited 02-28-2000).]
    BlueRacer

Could be heat. If you don't already have one, try installing a slot cooler in the slot below your GeForce. It'll suck out all the hot air the heatsink/fan on the GeForce is blowing around. The heatsink/fan is useless if the hot air doesn't get removed from the area around the card.

Or, worse, it could be a power problem. Look at the I/O voltage in the BIOS, or better yet using Motherboard Monitor 4.16. For a GeForce, you want it significantly above 3.3V, as close to 3.5V as possible. When 3D gaming, the voltage can drop below the nominal 3.3V and the GeForce shuts down. This happen mostly in older mobos like yours. If this is the case, return it while you still can.
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

1.) 3dfx games like Rogue Spear / Need for Speed / Fifa 2000 / Sim Theme Park /etc.

2.) I've installed the newest drivers I found at Creative and at Nvidia.

3.) After I play about 5 to 10 minutes the system stops and nothing goes( even Strg+alt+del doesn't work)!

4.)No

5.) see 1.)

I hope you have a solution

When i bought new MSI BXMASTER with GeForce prophet ddr-dvi together .It work very well and no problem on all games i test alot better than asus p3c2000 . So i rather stay on bx chipset.

You mean the Glitch-force Pro don't you?
    Stick with a Voodoo3000 until the 5500 comes out. Or take your chances on an NV15 when it comes out if you like being a glitch-buster.

I've just one more question:

Is it possible to connect the 3DBlaster Geforce Pro with another power supply??

Send me your opinions

Thanks

Thread Information