Skywell video driver
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Skywell video driver

Skywell video driver

Need a driver for a Skywell Magic Twin Power AGP Banshee Rockwell card. Have searched for Skywell homepage, but it seems to be off-line or no longer gives support.
    Does anyone have another solution to get hold of this driver?

Beste regards,

Chris

I assume this video card is equipped with 3dfx chipsets.
    Try to install the newest reference drivers from www.3dfx.com.

In addition I have forgotten to tell that you should download the reference driver of "voodoo banshee". This driver should work with all video cards with 3dfx banshee chipsets.

Thanks,

Downloaded reference driver and directX 7. After a couple breakdowns due to "devide-overflow"??? have gotten everything in working order.
    Hope it stays this way!

Thanks for the help.

Chris

www.skywell.com.tw

I was once the unfortunate owner of the very same type of card. Skywell's drivers bite. None of them work right. 3dfx's are much more stable, and have less glitches.

After all kinds of problems with that card, it died. I never overclocked it, I did everything by the book.

Worst vid card I ever had. I honestly hope your card is performing better than my old one.
    P3 750 @ 750!?, 128MB of PC-150 SDRAM, Aopen AX63 Pro, V3 2000 @ 175, 13.6GB - 7200rpm WD Expert, SB Live Value, LG 40x CDROM, Jazz 300W Front Speakers + Sony SRS PC300D Rear Speakers / Sub Woofer, Sony CPDE200 17" Monitor, Full Tower Case, Win98 Original Edition.

Performance wise I can't complain. Just the odd 'devide-overflow' breakdowns I came upon. Like you say the 3Dfx seems a more stable.

le began when I had to reformat the hard drive. When reinstalling everything found out the shop gave me a ATI driver installation s disk.

Regards,

Chris
    Brugge
    Belgium

It is impossible to control a banshee card with this incompatible ATI driver.
    ATI and Skywell are different manufacturers. You can only install the 3dfx reference driver.
    Besides 3dfx produces only voodoo chipsets which are sold to different board manufacturers and provides for the newest drivers which are almost compatible with all 3dfx boards.
    I also posses a no name Board with voodoo2 chipsets which works perfectly with the reference driver.

Thread Information