Should i send my V6600 Deluxe back for the V6800 deluxe?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Should i send my V6600 Deluxe back for the V6800 deluxe?

Should i send my V6600 Deluxe back for the V6800 deluxe?

just got it...blows my old card away but sometimes while playing draken and thief while running i get a slight lag...tried diff settings got it pretty good..U think its the card? Will DDR corect this?

running 500e @ 667 with 128sd ram7ns cas2 very stable

is it the games? the card? my HD? cant figure it out....mobo is P3BF..thought this card kicks ***...also have newest drivers..
    is DDR worth the price??

well any input will help
    thanks
    OCN the The Darkside

Try O/C'ing first. It performs pretty close to the DDR version when O/C'ed except at the highest resolution. It O/C's very well since Asus used thermal compound with the heatsink/fan. Checkout Anand's GeForce SDR roundup at http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1173 .
    1.Old Antec Case, Asus PC-DL, 2 x 1.6 LV D1 Xeons @ 3 GHz, 2GB Corsair PC3200 @ 200 MHz, Chaintech 6800 128MB AGP

2. Old Crap Beige Case, Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H, Core i3 530, 4GB CL8 OCZ DDR3-1600, eVGA GTX465

3. Asus Pundit mATX Case, MSI AMD Zacate E350/dual core E350IS-E45 mini-ITX, 4GB CL9 Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333, LG Blu Ray/HD DVD & DVD Burner

Hey Hardware 911...

If you would like to put forth the effort, you can run some benchmarks (3dmark 99, 3dmark 2000, wintune, quake II, UT) with your 500e around 585 (that's what mine is clocked at) then I'll compare my V6800 Deluxe to your V6600 (I have a similar system to yours concerning cpu,ram). Then you can see the diff in benchmarks and games and decide for yourself.

Let me know if you want to try...Cheers!

just read the 6800 deluxe is only a slight improvement over 6600, by 1ns on ram not all that great.
    if your saying you want to go with ddr meaning you have sdr then yes 6600 deluxe would be better but not necessary to go to 6800 deluxe same features just slight diff in ram.
    if this helps your decision.

------------------
    HOCKEY RULES!

er...hold on there just saw that it has an idle utility to keep the cpu cool during inactivity sort of like that rain prog.
    this would sway my decision to go with the 6800 deluxe plus you get drakan with it.

sorry for not finishing the article.

here's the link: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardwar...s_geforce_ddr/

------------------
    HOCKEY RULES!

Hardware....Try setting Jumper JP20 to the 3.6 side... see if that helps, as that supplies more voltage to the chipset/ram/agp...

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!!!

yes the 6600 deluxe does have the same features as the 6800 deluxe only diff. is ram and price i guess ill keep it the cpu cooler works just as good as rain2. thats what i am running now..

as far as setting my 3.3 voltage higher i was gonna try that but power supply is kinda weak get voltage drops now and then hey maybe my problem could be this. i have an antec 300 watt on order amd recomends this for athlons. i hear its a good one... well see....

thanks guys for the input..
    OCN the The Darkside

Thread Information