Voodoo3 2000 gives me a Registry Error at startup.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Voodoo3 2000 gives me a Registry Error at startup.

Voodoo3 2000 gives me a Registry Error at startup.

I have recently installed a V3 2000 pci onto a AMD k6-2 400mhz system with win98. At about every 5 startups, I get a registry error and a prompt for a restart. I can't find out why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try this reinstall....

go to control panel /display properties/settings/advanced/adapter change to standard vga and apply and reboot now reinstall v3 drivers.

also if you system is overclocked ,cpu or ram ect... this will happen,good luck

I tried what you suggested and it did not work. I also kept getting an "error no more files" during the instalation of the Voodoo drivers. Any other suggestions?

i don't remember off-hand but is this a 2d/3d card hope its not a pci accelerator where its just 3d, ya have to have a 2d/3d card for an accelerator to work. is it also selected in your bios in first initial display as pci, but make sure its a 2d/3d card in any event.

------------------
    HOCKEY RULES!

Yes it is a 2d/3d card and it is selected to start from the bios. I've have just received the new drivers from 3dfx and nothing has changed.

Thread Information