which is better?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: which is better?

which is better?

Geforce Crative DDD or Asus V6800 DDR
    xxmendes

The Asus is probably one of the most feature rich Geforce DDR cards, while the Creative is very bare bones (it doesn't even have TV out). Obviously, the Asus is also a lot more expensive. Whether or not the extra features are worth it is up to you. You can count on performance being very similar.

------------------
    BP6, C-366/550 (x2 very soon), 320meg
    CL TNT2U 180/230
    BP6, P3-700@770 (for now), 320mb, eVGA MX Plus (dual CRT), waiting for VIVO module

Well, the v6800 pure and annihilator pro both are very similar. No TV-out supported in either; very basic boards. However, the asus board is supposed to be better than the annihilator board. The annihilator is based on the nvidia's reference board, whereas the asus board has been significantly altered to increase performance. If you plan to overclock, you can count on the asus board having higher capabilities.

I'm quite happy with my CL Annihilator Pro DDR. One of the reasons I picked it is because I didn't want to pay for features I neither needed nor wanted.

As for overclocking, my Annihilator Pro will run just fine on a 95MHz AGP bus!!

That's as high as I have tried, so I don't know how far it will actually go... since there is no way my other components will ever be able to handle near a 150+ MHz FSB, the CL Annihilator Pro is guaranteed to be able to overclock well beyond the rest of my system anyway, so that's not an issue.

Unless you need the extra features, the CL is the best deal I think.

The asus board is faster than the annihilator pro, because of the changed design, but whether or not the asus board is worth the extra 40-50 dollars is really up to you.

I got the Creative Ge-Force pro DDR as well since i see no use for cheapo add on features and Creative users can download the Unified Glide emulators. It ended up being 50 dollars cheaper than the Asus one in Australia so i thought it was the best deal.

------------------
    http://www.overclockers.com.au
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Just one more thing, the perfomance is identical since they are all the same clock speed, memory speed, amount of ram, architechture etc.

The 1-3 per cent discrepancies you see in benches are " Margins Of Error ". If anything a card with less on its pathways will run quicker.

------------------
    http://www.overclockers.com.au
    A Dog is a Cat with More hair

Chinky-- where'd you get that the Asus is significantly faster than the CL?

The 6800 has a quite useful temperature sensor on it, and a software called "smartdoctor", which can be used to monitor temperature when overclocking, which is cool (eh, hot?).

I actually never said significantly faster. I said faster, due to a significantly altered board design. I can't actually remember where I read the reviews. But I remember several sites benchmarking the asus ddr and sdr boards, and attributing better performance to the board design.

tanks for your opinions.

i want to say more one thing:
    - Tv out and videi in i didnīt

- i donīt think to do overclock

- Really i want to know about performance, FPS , and i think is quite similar, insīt true???????

tanks
    jcmendes from Portugal
    xxmendes

Thread Information