will i really notice a big improvement with ddr???
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: will i really notice a big improvement with ddr???

will i really notice a big improvement with ddr???

i think i might order tha asus 6600 deluxe tonight instead of waiting i do play games but not a serious gamer but i do plan on getting a dvd player what do u thinkl???
    OCN the The Darkside

Well if you do buy a Single Data Rate card, The V6600 Deluxe is it!!
    It uses SGRAM (faster than SDRAM) witch makes it the fastest SDR card on the market!!
    Its 5 ns instead of 6ns!
    It has one of the best features sets and it will play DVD nicley!

but it wont support really high res. as fast as the DDR and it may be a bit more slower on slower CPU's

It will have a lower fill rate than the DDR card but it will still have all the features and most the stats are the same. (you have to download the security program!)

It is still a great purchase, faster than other SDR cards but not as fast as DDR cards at high Res.

E me for more!
    Have you seen everything on the ASUS web page (probally eh? you know this stuff as well as I do!)

[This message has been edited by slave (edited 02-07-2000).]
    YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOU CAN'T RUN!

I think were becoming the ASUS geek of HWC!!
    >:} hehehe!

------------------

[This message has been edited by slave (edited 02-07-2000).]

I have ASUS V6600 SDR, Celeron 500, 128MB, and that gives me ~2400 points in 3dmark 2000, at 1024x768, 32bit color/textures.

My friend has ASUS V6800 DDR, P-II 350, 128MB, and he gets around 2600!!! My Celeron is way faster, but he still outperforms me!

So get a DDR, I will..........

well i ordered the 6600 deluxe will be here tom.. im gonna run it with my 500e @ 700 or 750. Doya think that will work out fine for me???? the card i got now wont run games past 667 but runs all other apps. fine very stable...I hope the 6600 dekuxe will run at these higher speeds

OCN the The Darkside

The DDR is faster. But if you are playing alot of games that are not cutting edge - it'll be fine.........................for now.

------------------
    BlueRacer
    BlueRacer

You be the judge this is a p3 550e.

Hey, DEAN. Haven't seen you in a while but then I haven't been in the vid card forum for a while either.

Anyway, what hardware911 may have been asking and what I'm wondering myself is whether or not you can see a noticeable difference between the two.

I should know the answer to this as I have a DDR GeForce and an SDR one but I've been too busy to actually compare the two. But playing the games that I do (TFC mostly), I didn't notice much difference between the Hercules TNT2u and the GeForce SDR except for some of the visual defects that the GeForce sometimes exhibits. I have Quake 3 and started to do some benches but got bored quickly and wanted to frag instead. Can you tell the difference?

hey guys im happy as a pig in **** my 6600 deluxe just came still in box gonna install in a little while OHHHH BOY!!!!!

this thing better kick ***
    OCN the The Darkside

Salmoneus do you think the v6800 will preform well on a k6-2 450MHz, just until I can upgrade my CPU (video card comes first because i can't even play current games with my card I have now! I need a new one bad and im getting the one that will last the longest!)

its in now but didnt play around yet...but i did launch a game and the screen took a funny shape to it like a n hour glass...not on desk top but only on game will play more tom... let ya know how it is ok
    OCN the The Darkside

Hey G13,nice to see you too,i dont have both,unlike you,i can only go by benches,but from what benches i have seen,1024x768 and above you really see the ddr shine and leave the sdr WAY behind.On my k63-460 i play quake 3 very nicely online at 1280x1024.And as you can see in 32 bit(the only way to go)its doing 62 and the sdr is doing 42 so 20fps is ALOT,I guess in hardware the processors are getting way fast and the new bottle neck is memory bandwidth,and the ddr is double that of the sdr and it really shows,i cant wait to get my hands on a mother board using ddr,its really going to fly.

Thread Information