GeForce SDR or DDR??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: GeForce SDR or DDR??

GeForce SDR or DDR??

Hi,

I've decided on buying a GeForce card although I'm still deciding on whether or not I really have to go with the DDR version... I only intend to run games at a max of 1024x768x32 resolution and I'm wondering if an SDR is enough to get me reasonable frame rates.

My current system includes a PIII 550 w/ 128MB PC100 SDRAM and an ASUS P2B-F mobo... The DDR version is about 50 to 60 dollars more expensive than SDR in our area and money is tight for me right now...

Do your place sells OEM ones?

SDR Geforce is slightly better than the TNT2 Ultra in 32bit mode.

If the price of the G400 32MB(SH/DH) is much lesser than the SDR Geforce, I recommend it for its overclocking ability at AGP and image quality.

SDR is fine but a little over priced.

I get my DDR CL Geforce(from CL internal staff) at only S$320, about US$190, market selling at US$260.

Well, it is up to you now.

Yeah, DDR is killer with your system, you could overclock you CPU as well. I got a SDR because I couldn't pay an extra $100.00 (at the time I bought it) for a DDR. Not only that, my CPU is the bottleneck, so what I did was researched to see which card would work best for the resolutions I play at, 1024 X 768, and since I don't play at resoltions higher than that, there's no real reason for DDR. Now You might want to research both memory chipsets to see what you're looking for, but if you have the money for a DDR version, you'd probably want to go with it.Also Look itn this site, http://www.3dchipset.com/reviews/nvidia/geforce.asp It's shows all the GeForce cards that have been reviewed and such. this may help you out.

------------------
    System:
    Celeron 366 @ 458
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Guillemot Prophet GeForce SDR
    Aureal 1 Soundboard
    20" NEC Multisync Monitor
    System:
    Celeron 533 @ 600
    ABIT BE6
    196 Meg. PC 100
    Guillemot Prophet GeForce DDR
    Aureal 1 Soundboard
    19" NEC Multisync Monitor

You wont need A DDR if you're Only playing at 1024x768 but if you ever decide to go any higher you may want DDR (higher Filll Rate)
    YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOU CAN'T RUN!

Thread Information