ASUS GeForce
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ASUS GeForce

Hybrid View

ASUS GeForce

I am curious If any body knows when (or aprox when) the ASUS V6800 DELUXE will be out for me to buy?
    I like the added features of the V6600 DELUXE but I need the speed of DDR SGRAM!
    hmmmm... what do I do?(I want to buy a card this tuesday!!)
    YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOU CAN'T RUN!

Have you checked out the Annihilator faq. I know you are not geting a creative card but the basics are the same on all geforce cards.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/christopher.hill/faq.html

There are a lot of driver, mobo and system incompatibility problems withn these cards presently, It may save you some time if you know what to do.

Also I've found the Detonator 3.72 beta drivers to be the best so far, but still not perfect.

BladeRunner

I Know the stats for the Anniahlator pro. I was going to purchase one of those cards but They are out of stock every where I I have fond A place that sells Asus cards for cheaper that the place I was gonna go to to buy the Annihalator!!!!!!!!!

I also like smartdoc ALOT!

Creative's Anihalator Por has nowhere near as many features as the ASUS Deluxe Cards!
    I want DDR SGRAM in a ASUS DELUX packadge!

Im not spamming but if you look on pricewatch.com's page, I saw at least 2
    dozen places that claim to have them in stock right now. The annihlilator too.

[This message has been edited by jw4ou (edited 02-05-2000).]

No you didn't
    Only the V6800 pure is in stock not the deluxe!
    I searched all through price watch (twice) and found nothing and the v6800 de-lux

slave

You didn't read my posting properly, as I was by no means tring to tell you to get an Annihilator,

I know you are not getting a creative card but the basics are the same on all Geforce cards
    The Asus card has many more "extras" but the card basics, the architecture, what makes them tick if you like is the same. I was just pointing you at the creative faq as It was one of the first cards and a lot of issues have been found and resolved that will apply to any Geforce card. There are many possible problems with these cards I was only trying to arm you with as much helpful info.

Regards BladeRunner

I know this! (geforce chipset = geforce chipset!

I have read the FAQ along time ago.

You must have read my post incorrectly
    BladeRunner
    I dont want to read the FAQ I want to know when the V6800 Deluxe is coming out for retail purchase!

I am sorry for any misunderstandings!

[This message has been edited by slave (edited 02-05-2000).]

I was just tryng to help you with a "new to you graphics card" that has many issues, so that when you get your lovely shiney Asus and it locks up for the tenth time you have some Idea about what to do. The Faq changes almost daily.

Sorry about any misunderstanding you are correct, that wasn't you question so I'll shut up

BladeRunner

Im sorry Bladerunner I didn't mean to flame you! (i have the FAQ page written down so I can go to it when I need help! I found th FAQ at shcool!)

sorry

slave

No hard feelings, we are all friends here and do let me know what you think of the Asus card when you get it. Give me an honest view when you have lived with it a while. Asus were probably aware of the problems and this card may be better.

The Annihilator is a good card, but suffered from the bad initial drivers (which are still not good enough). I'm not dissapointed as such, but also I'm not overly impressed.

Bladerunner

thnx Bladerunner

I was going to buy the CL anihilator pro last week but its out of stock every where!
    I have decided to go with the ASUS because I have always liked it best (its features even on the pure cards!)

There is a chance that I decide to get the V6800 PURE (and not the DELUXE)

Thread Information