How do I remove old TNT drivers? (please)
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: How do I remove old TNT drivers? (please)

How do I remove old TNT drivers? (please)

I know this might be a dumb question, but how do I remove my old Viper V550 (TNT1) drivers so I can install a new GeForce card?

On my first attempt I just shut down, pulled the old card out, put in the new one in, then booted up and installed the new GeForce drivers. But that only resulted in "Unreal" being slightly MORE choppy with the new LeadTek GeForce DDR card, than it was with the old TNT1.

I read somewhere I have to set it into VGA mode at some point too. How do I do that as well?

I have a P3, 128 RAM, Win98, and the cards are AGP.

I have since put the TNT back in and did a complete backup from my slave hard drive.
    Any help on this process, and this newbie will be so very grateful!!

Bill

That is not easy if you are newbie as you said.

The best solution is to instal backup of your registry files, but you probobly don`t have that.

So my gues is that for full compatibility with your games you while be forced to reinstal Windows. Clean install.

I knowe I did not help you but messing orund registry for a newbie alvase ends with reinstaling windows, so I while not bother you with reg edit stuff.

Maybe some one while help, and give you good lead for this or point you to some utility.

Also u can go to safe mode and then go to device menager and remove all drivers that are not in use. In safe mode u can se them all and delt what you don`t need, but that usuali is not helpfull.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by miha76 (edited 02-03-2000).]

the only way to be sure is to format, partition your hdd with a copy of all your stuff, and that is a beech first time, and restore.

questions
    northpole@flashmail.com

well i must interject something here,there is 2 ways,1 read what i had to say in here http://discussions.hardwarecentral.c...ML/006559.html or read how these guys do it http://www.tweak3d.net/tweak/geforce/3.shtml

[This message has been edited by DEAN (edited 02-04-2000).]

i don;t see why the hassle, until reformat?.. c'mon, scaring the geforce owner, i use to do this few step to change 3d card

1. on current system, change to 'standard vga'
    2. pull out the old card
    3.restart, uninstall the old driver, then shutdown.
    4.plug in the new card, and install new driver. . .

happy fragging. . .

Ahh, success! Thank you so much for all your advice. What you guys do here...it's a good thang.

Bill

Thread Information